What do you do for constipation?

While in LOS, i regularly get constipated. When I go back to falang land I go the other extreme - almost to the point of diarehea. Anybody else this problem and if so, what do you do for it?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tricky Customer: Johnny Constipation. :( However, ten pints of guinness for breakfast :beer: and a dozen bloody marys with extra tabasco for lunch :p topped off with half a bottle of scotch plus a radioactively hot lamb vindaloo curry for dinner :o on the way "home" usually leaves me with a nicely unconsciously evacuated set of bowels evinced in the form of two litres of rancid oxtail soup-like matter pebble-dashed at random, whilst I gently slumber, :drunk: into the rear quarters of my velvet jockey briefs by sun-up the next day. :applause:

Hope that's helpful. :)

jack :help:

That's odd. With me it's completely the other way around. Loose and unpredictable in LOS and like trying to pass a bloody fence post when I get back to 'proper' food. I'm told it's all bacterial but it's strange the way it affects different people in different ways. Fascinating topic. Wish I had something concrete to offer. :)

MightyMouse said:

While in LOS, i regularly get constipated. When I go back to falang land I go the other extreme - almost to the point of diarehea. Anybody else this problem and if so, what do you do for it?

Lack of dietary fiber? Maybe too much white rice and not enough fiber. Maybe you need to eat more veggies?

Usually I have problems in countries which only have white bread without any fiber, since I am used to full organic bread.

Personally MM, that (the runny shits) used to be the most memorable part of my LOS visits - and I used to be careful with the ice-cubes etc etc etc - once I didn't need to take those little blue vitamin pills then everything was returned to near normal, well nearly, but not as bad as before! :o

I find the dried salted plums ( asian style prunes) work nicely, just be sure not to like them too much. ( more than about 5 and you will camp out in the crapper)

Archived