Anyone in Melbourne?

MooNoi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's talking about Richmond in Melbourne. There's Rydges there.

SuaDum,

I'll be in Melbourne this week. Be great to meet for a couple of beers. PM me and give me your details, and I'll meet you one night after work for a drink.

FlyP

Yep. Gets confusing.

Come a long way from the original post title...

"ANYONE IN MELBOURNE?" !!

Swannies... pah! A good win, but can't see them troubling many teams in September unless they finish top 4 and get home finals.

As always, I'm up for a beer in Melbourne anytime. Weekends preferably. The missus can guide me home by now.

Since Miss Red's arrival, I'm rarely online more than once a week. Suadum has my number (I think)..

Same as last time sound good for starters? Saturday afternoon?

A question for the Melbourne members:

Do you get depressed on a flight to LOS when you've been in the air for two hours, only to find the trip map registers that the plane is just north of *Brisbane* ? I know that it ticks me off that we take 3 hours just to clear the Northern Territory coast and make it into Indonesian waters from Brissie ....

One day, I've promised myself, I'm going to spend a day or two seeing the sights in Darwin before getting on a flight to Jakarta-Singapore-LOS. This country is just too bloody big.

Yep... its a shitter!

1 packet of peanuts, 1 meal, 2 beers, 3 bourbons, two trips to the toilet, 1 movie... then the map comes up on the screen, and its "HELLO PORT HEADLAND!"

About 4 hours from Melbourne to the West Australian coastline.

Still - can't complain! 9 hours from Melbourne to LOS is a lot better than coming from the UK or USA, so we have it lucky (for once!)

And you're heading to LOS... much worse when coming home again.

Funny - I've always noticed a lot of turbulence where the Oz coast meets the ocean in WA, and also over Bali for some reason! Always bumpy!

FlyP

Thanks, FP - I get perverse satisfaction from knowing that some of my countrymen are even more geographically disadvantaged than I ::

Again, cant you just picture yourself boarding a plane in Darwin with just a few short hours before touching down in LOS ? That fantasy is one of the few things that makes life worth living for me in the depths of Winter (yes, even our incredibly mild version of same !)

Cheers,

Artie

Archived