EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight Group C:

Italy-Bulgaria

Denmark - Sweden

Italys newspapers are afraid about a 2:2 result between the Scandinavians.

But it would be better for the Spaghettis to be afraid for the Bulgaria game first...

Tonight our Khun check_bin_krap will represent me and this column

Unbelievable!!

I just read in the news that Totti (a.k.a. Snotty) will Sue UEFA for 5 ?M for the bad publicity he has received after the spitting incident.

Btw why did the swiss lama recieve 15 days suspension when Totti only got 3?

Maybe this was commented on in earlier posts. I'm too lazy to try to find out so sorry if I'm repeating somenone else's thoughts.

Anyway, looking Ash Cole and how well he goes forward and seeing that England does not have a left sided attack (Cole is the only left footed player on the starting XI isn't he?). Would England be better served if Cole was moved to left wing and someone like Wayne Bridge in at left back? Cole was a winger/striker in his youth and became a left back when that was the only position available for him to break through at Arsenal. Perhaps Bridge is too inexperienced to be brought on at this level. It just seems that Cole would help on the left side if he was at wing. A Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham midfield perhaps. That way crosses can come in from both sides of the pitch.

Zaad, I'm gonna replace Pauletta in my fantasy team. He's not doing the business. If I can afford Rooney I'll put him on there.

Is Saha the saviour for France? Henry has to be more of a support striker with Trezguet in there. It worked in the qualifying when they were playing weak sides but now its not so good. Saha can score and provide which would help Henry. Defeneses would have to mark Saha and leave Henry one on one with either the full back or center half. But what do I know. It may be all wrong.

Sayjann, I notice Scholes was singing the national anthem, does he even know the words? hahahaha....rumour is Fergie is saying he has a huge signing coming up. I hope its not Rooney or Gerrard. Maybe its Kanu or Wiltord....LOL.

Yes, Pauletta is suspended and I'm a bit disappointed in him. I much more prefer Benfica's Nuno Gomes.

I ditched Scholes before the start of the third stage in round one..and who scores??? Thank you Scholes :banghead: Got Ljungberg instead..we'll see tonight if that was a good decision.

As Mentors stand in:

Tonight Group C, half time:

Italy-Bulgaria 0-1

Petrov 45 min, Penalty

Denmark - Sweden 1-0

Thomasson 29 min

The Swede tactics - counter attacts. Danes the posession.

Goal was a beauty. Deserved, and I know 1 Thai girl who will cheer it as he is her pin up.

Swedes and Danes through at half time... :D

Tonight Group C, full time:

Italy-Bulgaria 2-1

Petrov (BUL) 45 min, Penalty

Perotta (ITA) 47 min

Cassano (ITA) 90 min

Denmark - Sweden 2-2

Thomasson (DEN) 29 min

Henke Larsson (SWE) 46 min, penalty

Thomasson (DEN) 66

Jonsson (SWE) 88

Swedes had a lucky goal at the start of the half, and pressure for some while. I am still not impressed. Danes had this half also. Sweden have 2 of the best strikers around, not much else. Its enough though! Larsson is a God.

Sweden and Denmark through!

Cheers!

Archived