EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

FlyPapillon said:

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

1-1!!!!

Got up at 4am to watch the game - how's that for dedication to the cause? First game of soccer... sorry, football... I've watched in over two years. And have to say, really enjoyed it! Will have to watch more I think!

And got the prediction right, so doubly happy! (Go England in extra time!)

Fly P.

and please watch the great SWISS Referee, he's the best on the field! :cover:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P O R T U G A L Rules!!!!

Portuguese wins after Penaltys!

Over 90 minutes the home team was much better!

Perceves wins against Fish'n' Chips.

The latest arrogant team can go home!

How many more times again can Beckhamburger shoot penalties?

A tragedy boy!

After this great very dramatic game, i have to check my heart on the next emergency station around the corner :eek:

England didn't play well - they looked tired, did their usual thing of not being able to defend a lead, but nearly. Also only bothering to play when they were behind (Why do they do this? They look great when they bother). As a result, they played in the first five minutes and the last.

It was inevitable to any England fan that Beckham was going to sky his penalty. And we never win penalty shootouts. I gave it up when we had the perfectly good Sol Campbell goal disallowed on 90 minutes. Really - the writing was on the wall. We've seen it all before:

The Swiss referee was absolutely absymal. Complete fucking shite (and I'd still have said that if we'd won). Somebody should tell him that football's a physical sport and there wasn't even contact with that goalkeeper for the goal!

Portugal were up for it, played well (hint, Sven - they attacked) and probably just about deserved it. But normally, we should have won. I can't see any much better sides in the tournament. Hope Portugal win it now.

Minuman said:
The latest arrogant team can go home!

Ok, as someone obviously needs to ask it might as well be me:

How you figure the English side is arrogant?

Exactly. If all the Swiss have this kind of prejudice, it's no wonder that trumped-up grocer, stupid highlights in his hair even though he's 40-something, took his over-officiousness out on England.

We should have won though. I mean, Helder Postiga?:dunno:

Archived