EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bibblies,

"England didn't play well - they looked tired, did their usual thing of not being able to defend a lead, but nearly. Also only bothering to play when they were behind (Why do they do this? They look great when they bother). As a result, they played in the first five minutes and the last."

I guess they didn't feel the need to and opted for counter attacks. I mean...1-0 after three minutes and England decides to defend the score?? for 87 minutes?? Can't be, that's the worst tactics one can think of..they should have played their game unless they had no answer for the Portuguese attacks.

I think England can look back at a decent tournament anyhow.

CBK,

The keeper may have been the next on the list. Don't think many have the guts to take such responsibility. He felt strong after his save and probably felt he had nothing to lose. And he didn't, even if he had missed. :)

I think England can look back at a decent tournament anyhow.

-------------------------

yes, they gave us pretty much the same as usual for the last 26 years. promises, promises, and then going home. At least, we won't have to hear about a 18 YO kid being the best player in the world for a while, as i read in the english press on my way to London for my plane connection to SF. (No offense to the kiddo himself)

The home team were certainly the better but what is Beckham on. Did he purposely look at the ground in an effort to disguise his inadequate penalty. ..... It wasn't the ground David it was your fucking technique.

BeckHAM is an overrated celebrity. MY advice to him is get your house in order pal, forget about footy and keep your wife in check.... or just stick to SMS Sex. Fuck Im pissed off with the twat. He needs stringing up or sending to Billy fucking Smart circus as to enjoy his celebrity status as a perfoming Monkey.

Sad side of the game..Rooney doing in his metartarcel.... Poor lad. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Plus side..quality technique from Owen for the first goal. Top drawer.

Agree with Bibblies...Nothing worng with Sol's header and I can't believe the ref was blowing for (I think) Owens initail header. Secondly..... I agree that all we did was sit back and attempt to defend. We looked great going forward and defending was a disaster waiting to happen!

The REF... I spent the majority of the game screaming 'REFEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". I have no idea where he watched his football during his informative years but it certainly wasn't at the school of hardknocks. If I'd been paying down the marshes on a sunday and that cunt was referreing then I'd have punched his lights out. Stick to making cheese you TWAT.

I'll be supporting the Swedes now..... COME ON YOU TURNIPS :D :D :: :clown:

Bhat_Man, Bibblies,

"Nothing worng with Sol's header and I can't believe the ref was blowing for (I think) Owens initail header."

I (not obviously) do believe the goal should have been disallowed. The referee blew for Terry's foul on the keeper prior to Sol's header. Sol did nothing wrong. Terry however moved slightly towards the keeper to keep him away from the ball. You can do that to players on the field but not keepers inside their own penalty box. Had Terry done nothing and just stand still, I'm sure the goal would have been allowed.

He deliberately aimed for the keeper and not the ball, so no goal!

I also do hope Rooney recovers fast. I must admit that I hated his farmerface and undeserved attention prior to this tournament. He has proven himself and I like his playing style. His long distance shots from outside the penalty area reminds me of one of my favourite strikers in the world, Batistuta.

I like Rooney and hope to see much more of this young boy in the coming decade.

Zaad said:

The referee blew for Terry's foul on the keeper prior to Sol's header. Sol did nothing wrong. Terry however moved slightly towards the keeper to keep him away from the ball. You can do that to players on the field but not keepers inside their own penalty box. Had Terry done nothing and just stand still, I'm sure the goal would have been allowed.

He deliberately aimed for the keeper and not the ball, so no goal!

Exactly.

I cant even believe this is up for discussion.

Agreed that the ref was a total cheesehead, but still the English side had more than time enough to finish it off.

They did not, but blaming it on the ref is lame.

You know those refs are paid Euro 6400 per game ????? thats 310K Bt !!!!!

What the Portugese goalie did reminded me of Pfaff, exactly same style, always there to take a penalty, but stopping one without gloves ??????

BB

How you figure the English side is arrogant?

Just become the team told everywhere that they will get the title.

Same as Spain, Italy. And Germany was shure to stay in the final.

Now they can watch the EM on TV.

Long live the better playing outsiders! :up:

Archived