EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

"What the Portugese goalie did reminded me of Pfaff, exactly same style, always there to take a penalty, but stopping one without gloves ??????"

Yeah, bit odd. Crappy gloves? Better grip? Superstition? Dunno.

The Keeper was talking to The Legende Eusebio prior to the shoot-out. Maybe the advice came from there.

All in all, a fantastic day for the Portuguese. :)

Hope Greece is in for a surprise tonight. Would be hilarious to take revenge upon them in the final.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

confess Mentors.

we all know your name and what you look like now.

you were the Ref last night and you got your revenge for the mighty Swiss being knocked out...:cussing:

Why, always when a team loose, it's the Ref.

And why a Ref must help always for the favorite but lame teams?

He made a good job yesterday. But, don't worry, after this tournament he will retire!

Portugal played much better. And a penalty finish is just like a lottery.

BelgianBoy said:

I cant even believe this is up for discussion.

The reason its up for discussion is because there was nothing wrong with the goal. The linesman gave it and he was nearer than that wanker Meier.

Having said that it would've been hard on the Portugeezers who deserved the win.

Cheers

K.

'But, don't worry, after this tournament he will retire!'

i think he will be given a kick up the arse and told never to go near a Football field again.

i'm still trying to work out if he was trying to grow a goatee,could'nt quite see it on my TV.

and i agree.

as i said in another thread,Portugal deserved to win.

i like Penalties.

makes things exciting,well except when my Team are playing.

but what is the solution?,after this Championships the Silver and Golden Goal scenario will be thrown out.

in the future it will be extra-time and Penalties and i still have not heard any other suggestion which might solve the problem.

i have always liked the idea of if a game is 1-1 after 90 Minutes then whoever earned the most corners wins.

this would encourage attacking play.

or something which was introdcued in the American League many Years ago.

cannot remember the exact details but something like the attacking Player starts on the 1/2 way line and has 20-30 Seconds to approach the Goalie and try and score.

Beckham shouldn't go anywhere near a penalty kick again, he bottled it again and as for looking at the spot he was just looking for an out. THe spot didn't bother the next 5 England penalty takers. He needs to take a long look at his performance and wise up.

As we've all already said nothing wrong with the goal, but after that my mind went back to St Etiene, talk about deja vu. I wondered who was going to be tonights Batty.

Why did we sit back again ?? just like the French game. We all know we can't defend, and it was invevitable that they'd score. The most galling part of that was that it was a fucking Tott, who can't even get into that shower of shite, that scored.

Nice to see Divaldo carried on from where he left of in the Premiership, I'd really like to twat that little prick.

Having said all that the Portugeezers deserved the win, they were the better team on the night, and good luck to 'em.

As for me I'm supporting the Clogs, for a couple of days anyway .. Had a wee punt on them before it started.

Cheers

K.

kman said:
BelgianBoy said:

I cant even believe this is up for discussion.

The reason its up for discussion is because there was nothing wrong with the goal. The linesman gave it and he was nearer than that wanker Meier.

Having said that it would've been hard on the Portugeezers who deserved the win.

kman,

Point is that terry made a foul on the keeper "before" the goal.......

As for the ref, he was very near the penalty spot, so that about 11 meter away, the linesman is at least 23 - 25 meter away.

And yes, the geezers deserved to win.

Good game, hope to see another one like this tonite, but fear the opposite....

BB

hoping

BelgianBoy said:Point is that terry made a foul on the keeper "before" the goal.......

Good game, hope to see another one like this tonite, but fear the opposite....

We'll agree to differ on the foul .. and I'm sure it was great entertainment for a neutral.

Can't see tonights being anything like it, the French should cruise it ..

Cheers

K.

kman,

Indeed, until there is a foulproof system to elininate refs' decisions (good or bad) we'll have to accept what is happening.

If it was not for Collina denying Belgium a 200 % correct penalty against Croatia, we would had been in portugal.

:dunno: thats life......

BB

"Indeed, until there is a foulproof system to elininate refs' decisions (good or bad) we'll have to accept what is happening"

Video checks before the ref makes decisions!

Upsetting to see such high stakes games messed up by referees.

But than I guess we'd need a panel of referees , fault wasn't clear on the goal last night and in France the referee Joel Quiniou made a controversial statement that Trezeguet hand was OK? and his goal against Croatia legit, while most ex national team players on the TV set were positive it should have been disallowed.

Tough decisions for the ref I'd say

Archived