Non-famous attractions in LOS

Zaad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Sounds like I can scrap that one of the list of places yet to visit.

----------------------

Never been there too. I hardly know a girl in Pattaya who does not have a picture of her and some khun farang(s) posing by a tiger. This is a big must do thing, apparently. dble pricing "de rigueur" of course, the opposite would be shocking!!!! :)

tiger zoos seem quite a trend around Thailand. there is one too, near Ubon, small scale, but quite many tigers. The place was empty when i went there, tigers sleepy, and yes, there was "somebody" with me, but I swear we did not take any "tiger" picture, only "thai girl"! :D

Guest lazyphil

Thais with animals!!!....we had a polaroid pic of us at Phuket Zoo with a Tiger, cruel?...most likely, same same Thai chicken farm, only Tigers are more majestic and rare than chickens!....Mrs had me rescue a Hedgehog the other night driving home, crossing the road to a brickwall where it would be doomed, now the car is flea riden :(

what about bung chawak which is about 50 km north / north-west of suphanburi? it has an aquarium, small zoo (which is a little depressing), an aviary, a garden ,crocs......

it is not the best zoo compared to the big ones, however enjoyable for a day out....

SB

• 2 weeks later...

>>> ... entering a cave by boat .....

I stayed in Koh Lanto, just south of Phuket (biked there while working in KL). We took the "three islands trip". After a couple of bland islands, snorkelling and a free lunch the tour boat dropped anchor off an enormous rock/island. We were all given a life-jacket and had to swim to follow the guide with a torch. We entered a half-submerged cave and I was at the back. When the guide rounded the corner I was swimming in complete darkness. It was frightening and I have never swam so fast just to catch up!

The cave exit seemed like the center of an extinct volcano with a small sandy beach leading down to the internal sea/pond. The volcano base must have been about 100 meters diameter. This small area was most peculiar since we were surrounded with 100 meter cliffs. The cliffs were covered in vines with birds nesting and further up the beach.there were some high trees. It was very quiet and tranquil. After an hour of relaxation and investigating we returned and I ensured I was always in sight of the torch! Well worth a visit.

Cheers,

John Betong

Archived