No haircuts on Wednesdays?

Zaad

Hi,

Was about to visit my hairdresser for a monthly cut when my girl stopped me and informed that people ..Thai people.. don't cut on Wednesdays. Big chance hairdresser shop is closed! ?the fuck? Never heard that one before, and what a coincidence never to have gone haircutting on a Wed. before since few years living here.

Another crappy superstition?

*SIGH*

Don't get me wrong, I respect lots of things here in LOS, but this is just another superstition that makes no sense. Goes for all of them I guess.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend explained this superstition relates to the fact this is (or was?) the traditional day for executing prisoners...presumably in the days before firing squad, maybe they cut their heads off? As such, bad luck..

-j-

yes, many thais follow this superstition and also want farangs to comply.when asked about the reason, why no haircut on wednesday i get as many answers as poeple i ask but none logic.

because it is middle of the week.

that's old customs.

our grandparents told us so.

etc.etc.

Yes, it is a superstition of old, but my barber takes Thursdays off, so it's not followed too closely anymore. Many have never heard this one before.

Yep, Never checked if barber shops are closed around Chumpon, but I am not allowed to go for a hair cut on wednesday: all closed she tells me. Will need to check, but I am in farangland for an other 3 weeks, bouhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are any open on wednesday????

Archived