Vietnamese food in Bkk and Chang Mai?

Lusty

Lusting for some Vietnamese food ehhh? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :grinyes:

My two favorites (and I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Vietnamese food) have always been Thien Duong at the Dusit Thani for an amazing high class Vietnamese meal and Le Dalat Indochine near Sukhumvit. Neither is cheap, but both offer a much higher level of Vietnamese food than can be found in many places outside of Vietnam.

If you ever make it to Aranyaprathet I know a really good, but basic place.

Le Dalat or Le Dalat Indochine? those are two different restaurants; Le Dalat is around 10 years up, a bit cheaper and more basic. Le Dalat Indochine around 6 years, in a former private house with very nice interior and more expensive.

Le Dalat or Le Dalat Indochine?

Good question. And now I'm a little confused (So what else is new? :dunno:). The restaurant I originally frequented (although not all that frequently as I was based in Phuket) was Le Dalat. At the time it was located on some Soi off of Silom. When I last visited BKK I was told it had moved to Suk and we had dinner at Le Dalat Indochine (which I assumed was the new location. Now looking at various travel websites I see that there are two Le Dalats listed on Suk Soi 23, one at 47/1 (Le Dalat Indochine) and one at 14 (Le Dalat). Very confusing.

I guess I would say that Le Dalat at its old location was great and we had a very good meal at Le Dalat Indochine a few years ago.

Archived