Carew 66

Lusty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dude, if you get this thread, good luck and god speed. And get us some updates on S/T L/T Prices for the nurses in the hospitals! and a report on the massage services as well! No sense loosing out on night life just because you are in the hospital! :)

:beer:

Very disturbing news. I think it goes without saying that we all wish him well and hope he has a speedy recovery. I think there is a lot more to this story than has currently been revealed. I hope the truth emerges. I find it hard to believe the locals would resort to this violence just because they had been rebuffed by a couple of girls in a bar.

In my experience Thailand is becoming more violent. Incidents such as these seem to be all too commonplace these days. I've often read about fights & assaults tasking place in and around bars, but never witnessed any until recently. However, in the last 12 - 18 months I've seen 5 or 6 incidents including one Thai guy getting viciously bottled in a nightclub. Not the sort of thing you want to see when your on holiday. I hope Carew isn't too badly traumatized by the incident. I know that if it happened to me I would never return to Thailand. Ever.

On a general note do you guys think that Thailand has become a more dangerous place over the last couple of years?

-----------------------

or more. Thailand is becoming ever more urbanized, and that means more and more misdirected aggressivity. There are now plenty of little "hood mafia types that consider being "nayed" for any reason on their turf is an offense that needs revenge. It's horrible to think that they went for the kill over such a trifle. We also know that when thais run amok, ther's no stopping them. This combination of turf power asserting and little regard for life (+ drugs or alcohol) is lethal anywhere.

I do agree with you it's a new thing farangs are at the end of it. We, for the most part, are considered outside the realm of thai social "niceties (smik)", unless we caused serious offense, which being a gentleman is not. Carew may tell us if he uttered some words at them, but from the little he told me, he did not .

he also mentionned thais were very helpful afterwards, the police too.

I actually think this should get as much media coverage as it can. We have talked about complaining about stuff that happens to farangs and i think this is one where we have a right and duty to do so.

I am going to send that story to all the sites i know and if any of you know how to contact the medias in thailand, it's worth trying to.

IMO

Hi Lusty,

Please pass on my best wishes to Carew 66 and I hope he has a speedy recovery. He certainly does not deserve to be beaten by 2 thugs. Hopefully the police will catch them very quickly, lock them up and throw away the key.

Please keep us updated.

Regards

Peckieboy

well done the embassy, of course if he'd been arrested for drugs they would have been straight round with a bag of goodies and offering to send messages home.It will be interesting to hear the whole story when he gets better-peter

Archived