BAR GIRL DYING ON THE STREETS

Numbers.

We know many of the same stories...funny how many of these girls claim to have to send it all home, then we find out how they never do, and piss away a good thing when they get it, or deny a good thing when offered...despite the fact that they tell their friends they like the guy...er ah never mind...yes, girls getting sponsered by Japanese guys and fucking it up by getting knocked up by motorcycle taxi drivers...I am against it...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artiew said:

Cmon, MM - we both know that this happens in Farangland on a daily basis - if not HIV, then drugs or mental illness - and no-one bats an eyelid. Its a tragedy, no question, but its up to the Thais to find it within themselves to help their people.

I could see that at Kings Cross in Sydney, on almost daily basis.

Somebody (authorities) would come and collect her, take her somewhere...hospital for druggies I guess.

Not that she had no options, they are widely available to the willing. All sorts of social programmes and skillfull (monetary included) backup. Not much, but enough to get out of the nightmare.

I am surprised there are no more such cases (someone in a dire need for help but nobody does anything) visible in BKK.

The numbers,

Sorry guy but none of your arguments don't make any sense or effectively refute any of my statements.

Where is the logic of comparing a Thai BG to a SF person with aids? I see none. Different cultures and different backgrounds..

Who said anything about BGs being a sorted bunch. What is the point of that statement? Actually, they are all in the game for one reason and that is money. end of story...

What do girls living in huge flats sponsored by japanese guys have to do with sukhumvit BGs who end up on the street? Is that supposed to be an argument to what? I also know BGs who married falangs. So what? What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Nothing..

And i will say it again. The Girl described in the original post probably has a screwed up family and has no financial or moral support from either family or friends. And i will bet you 90% of the sukhumvit BGs who follow the same path and ending on the street have very similar socio-econ backgrounds and lack of any strong family values or other networking they can turn to; hence why they end up on the street.

There will always be a kid or two from a wealthy family that went awry. But these won't be sukhumvit BGs as they pretty much fit a narrow profile, poor and uneducated BGs mainly from the NE.

And saving the best for last. If you are a falang, I assume you don't live or work in LOS based on your silly comment that thais don't sweep or ignore problems. Are you then saying Thais are great problem solvers possessing astute analytical sills? You would be the first i would know if you reach that conclsuion.

That is the number one thing that thais don't do or have (problem solving or analytical skills) and that is deal with problems effectively.

Then your argugument jumps to japenese and human trafficking? What does have to with Thailand or price of tea in china? Maybe a lot with the latter?

Stop kidding around - you must be thai with your line of reasoning?

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue - gimme a break :dunno:

BG's and the girls in the apartments sponsored by Japanese blokes :::: NEWSFLASH:::: they are the same people. Different girls in the scene wind up with a different lot in life - and this is my point.

Therefore, saying, "Oh, look at the poor girl with AIDS who came from a bad family, never had a chance, no mum and dad, and get all the bleeding hearts out." is bollocks plain and simple.

Christ, I know one girl in the scene now who was a successful "look thung" singer/songwriter, but her son got leukemia and the bills got too high... So, are you going to tell me something about 'the scene is only this way?'

That's just not so :)

Oh, and my point about people suffering and having a shit lot in life around the world is just that.. not cultural relativism just seeing lots of the same sad shit in lots of different spots.

Best,

the_numbers

I had not seen the girl in question for several days so I suspected she may have died, but then last night, I went by New Wave, and there she was. She looks terrible and has assumed the beggers position to try to make some money. It hard to believe not too long ago she was working out of New Wave!

On the humorous side, one lady who worked out of the beer garden had not been around for about 4 months. About 1 month ago, she visited the area and made it known, she still has one good breast and her pussy is good as ever! Her spirits were high even though she looked terrible. All of her hair had fallen out. She said her right breast had swollen to a very large size and had to be operated on. She had cancer!

>>>>On the humorous side, one lady who worked out of the beer garden had not been around for about 4 months. About 1 month ago, she visited the area and made it known, she still has one good breast and her pussy is good as ever! Her spirits were high even though she looked terrible. All of her hair had fallen out. She said her right breast had swollen to a very large size and had to be operated on. She had cancer!<<<

(sigh!!).

MM, how can anyone having cancer, be 'On the humorous side', to you? Forget it!... I've relegated myself to only asking questions here.

I can do this! (I know I can, I think I can... ::).

HT

Agreed HT. Nothing humorous about Cancer and the desperation that would have someone still grinning and getting on her back on Sukhumvit for punters through this horrible disease :(

Like the 'look thung' singer I mentioned supporting a kid with leukemia there are some tragic tales amidst the sois of the mighty 'kok.

best,

the_numbers

Oh good she is still alive.

Why don`t you do something about it. Take her for some food and to see a doctor.

HIV drugs currently cost 1200 baht (28.57 dollars) per month. You could afford that until the Thai government starts paying for them.

The humorous part was the happy - go lucky mood the women who had cancer was in. I almost burst out laughing when she told me that she still had one good breast and pussy. Even when almost down and out - some of the girls still get up and give a happy smile.

Frodo, I don't know where you get off telling me what to pay for??! and/or who to help out :dunno: Being officious does not win many smiles just as slagging off against sick people doesn't.

I was discussing a problem in Bangkok. However, wealthy people in this country cannot shore up poverty, healthcare, and national problems by adopting a person [not that I am wealthy].

People suffer sometimes because they can't afford the drugs they need if you feel the need to suggest I pay for them to survive - then do it yourself and stop posting about it.

I'm not a farang cash machine. I broadly object to that, and the government with its ham-fisted and idiotic health-care plans deserves no praise :(

the_numbers

I don't give to those starving children on telly from the 1980's either

Archived