BAR GIRL DYING ON THE STREETS

Bangkok can be tough, but if you have noticed lately, a girl who used to work out of New Wave, generally sits in a squatted position against the building near the bootery (between Sukumvit and New Wave on Soi 7).

She is thin and sick. She has not been looking very good for some time and I feel her days are almost over.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM, your post gave me pause for thought. I hope that all associated with "the business" in BKK take note (workers AND customers)...."there but for the grace of God go I".

I'm assuming of course that she is sick for the obvious reason, I realize that may not be the case. Still, either way, I hope somebody shows her a little compassion.

There's always been the girls who are looking very emaciated and looking frail, the one on sukumvit does seem to be deteriorating as I saw her a few weeks ago.Its a sharp shock to the senses even when intoxicated that the business I'm getting caught up in could have these devastating effects for me and much more immediately for the little cutie I'm with unless risks are minimised.

Its a sad sight and I hope she gets some kindness and care soon

jp

Maybe she is mentally ill and sick due to this? Have seen a few such girls over the years. There was one 3 years ago or so who used to walk up and down suk around clinton pulling a small suitcase. She looked quite dirty and would be always ranting and raving at the sky, don't think she ended up getting married.-peter

Thai 3,

Think I remember that girl, if it is the same one, she was supposedly wrecked from an injury she got when struck by a car. Would often freak out, and start punching the air, and anyone around. Last saw her at the new bar complex near Soi 13. Rumor has it, the cops took her to a mental hospital after several complaints. Also think it was near the APEC Summit...

Hi,

>>>>Rumor has it, the cops took her to a mental hospital after several complaints. Also think it was near the APEC Summit... <<<<

Probably. She was only a concern because of a clean-up campaign. I'm not wanting to turn this into a political thread (which is banned here, BTW), but is does seem to be a shame how the disadvantaged there, are seemingly largely ignored.

Here in Hawaii, we certainly have our share of homeless, and outcasts, but there is an effort by many groups, to identify, and then offer some assistance. There are none who are not well known, by the various agencies. Of course, there are some who will refuse help. Which may well be the case in BKK, as well. I'm ignorant of the true efforts being attempted there. In a city of 6,500,000, just in 'registered' inhabitant's, it has to be a daunting task for them.

And also given that while many disadvantaged may gravitate to the lower Suk area, which then become overly visible to us, I still find it hard to see mutilated bodies strewn about on the hot sidewalk, with a tin cup in their hands. Many put there by a mafia allowed to exploit their disfigurements, without intervention from the powers that be. :onfire:

All large cities have these same problems, though, and is not just isolated to Thailand, for sure. Bargirl's who seem to be dying in the street? You'll see a few, but given the numbers, as in 10's of thousands, it's not very prevalent.

Given the extreme numbers involved, I think us punter's are well isolated, from the true ravages of our participation and affect, on the total situation there. The dark and gloomy downsides, are well hidden from us. It's not condusive to the well oiled machine, that allows the world to participate, without impunity, into the sexual delights that LOS offers us.

It is not as sterile as we might like to think. And every once in a while, we may very well stumble across the negative product of a not-so-well hidden/contained aspect of all of this.

HT

Archived