BAR GIRL DYING ON THE STREETS

MightyMouse said:

Sadly but true, Cardinalblue!

Go one level deeper and look at the apartments some of these bar girls live in - if the girls' customers could only see the living conditions some of their little sweet ones live in, I think the customers would look at things differently.

I have to disagree. Sadly, I think many punters could care less how the girls and their familys live as long as the price is cheap. Look how much we bitch when drink prices, or food prices go up 10thb. If you have an emotional attatchment to a particular girl, then I guess it would be different, but in general, I seriously doubt most people care. Sad but true...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think many punters could care less how the girls and their familys live as long as the price is cheap. Look how much we bitch when drink prices, or food prices go up 10thb. If you have an emotional attatchment to a particular girl, then I guess it would be different, but in general, I seriously doubt most people care. Sad but true..."

agree with some of your points.

i have no worries about the price of drinks or food,cheaper in LOS than the UK.

i overpay when with a Girl compared to others but i do not care,we are all different in our views and values.

i like to spend time in their environment,away from the tourist areas and have enjoyed a visit upcountry with my #1 Girl and saw how people lived.

but as you say,the majority of visitors are not interested in this kinda thing and just want cheap sex.

i wish i could visit more of the Country and experience much more of the Kingdom.

"It was a good movie by the way. I like seeing Tom Cruise play a bad guy. "

Watched the movie this afternoon, good atmosphere with awesome views of LA, and Tom Cruise is pretty good but the aberrations in the script become rapidly irritating

MightyMouse said:

Sadly but true, Cardinalblue!

Go one level deeper and look at the apartments some of these bar girls live in - if the girls' customers could only see the living conditions some of their little sweet ones live in, I think the customers would look at things differently.

Not really...Punters mainly care about their experince not the living conditions of the girls. After you personally saw the conditions do you offer 500 or 1000 baht more ST or LT due to it!

SkiBum

[color:"green"] if the girls' customers could only see the living conditions some of their little sweet ones live in, I think the customers would look at things differently. [/color]

I went to one BGs apartment she shares with her sister. It was better than most apartments I have lived in. :doah: Big TV with stereo, big frig, private bathroom with western toilet and shower, air, and a balcony. :up:

So now I look at things differently. :grinyes:

Watched the movie this afternoon, good atmosphere with awesome views of LA, and Tom Cruise is pretty good but the aberrations in the script become rapidly irritating

Stickman once said that no writer captures the essence of Bangkok better than Stephen Leather. You could also say that no director captures the essence of LA better than Michael Mann, director of Heat(1995 with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro) and Collateral. :beer:

Sorry. I meant Jake Needham, especially in his book,"The Big Mango." I was going by memory when I wrote my post. From the book review section of his website, Stickman also gives high marks to Stephen Leather for his descriptions of Bangkok in the book,"The Solitary Man,"which stood out in my memory.

cardinalblue said:

follies,

It is going to happen is based on most of sukhumvit bar girls are one bad event or episode to a road of despair and possible death. These girls are living on the edge of destitute every day.

They have no strong family or friend network where it would make a difference. Yes, they might have friends or family but usually operating as liabilities or leeches. No one is a position of strength that can make a substantial difference in their lives because their friends are just like themselves. It is like looking in a mirror! No where to turn for permanent change or someone who can real help them.

This is the side of the entertainment scene very few especially tourists and ex-pats see. It is bad for business if we start learning what happens to a significant number of these girls. This is pretty much kept under wraps. Out of sight out of mind seems to be the approach here. Kind of like how LOS currently manages their other waste issues!

So a faceless unknown BG dies in the street. Is the media going to cover it? My guess is that it doesn't even get a small blurb in the paper. Remember it is bad for marketing and image. Thais are very good at focusing on only positives and will sweep under the carpet as many negatives and problems as possible. They don't like "headaches" to deal with...

How does a statement of sympathy help other than the person saying it? It doesn't stop anyone from indulging, does it?...

As i said earlier, it comes with the territory! The cost of doing business. The show must go on.....

Cardinalblue

Sukhumvit BGs, road to despair, possible death :doah: do you work for the Christian Science Monitor?? What a bunch of bleeding heart shite that sells overseas to housewives with neon in the photographs.

BGs are a sorted lot, and in the game for different reasons. A girl dying of AIDS on the streets of San Francisco withouth retroviral drugs is not so terribly different than this Thai hooker - is she?

Secondly, you talk about the family, no one is in a position to make a difference... ARE YOU KIDDING? Is this the broken homes make criminals, degernates, moral fiber speech by some Republican wanker.

I know so many girls who are swell with mum and pop and getting educated with huge flats that they have lived in for years sponsored by Mr. Inochiro [or the like]. Especially I know quite a few who do not give a baht to the family.

I just find these gross generalisations to be... well gross :(

Thais do not sweep problems away any more or less than so many developed countries. Do you think Japan does not ignore and at best pursue petty ineffective action via raids to stop the rampant human trafficking rings still functioning by illegal mafia - yakuza?

the-numbers

Archived