Taking the girl out of the bar forever(?)

MrX

I will ask you back, what do you think? People are different. There is no way you can get advices unless you tell more - about her dreams - aspirations. What does she want with her life? Is she a determinded person? Or one who changes ideas as the wind flows?

That has to do with what you need to do.

You are the best one to advice yourself, and might know the facit...

Cheers!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No check bin I wrote it wrong....of course I know everyone is unique...that it is up to the individuals themselves and as for advice...well!.....the "she" I wanted you guys to talk about are yours..or maybe just about a generalized "she".....which all of you have pretty much done generously.....

Old Hippie said:

Oh, "whore" do you mean girl who only sells sex in a bar? or any woman who uses sex to get what she wants? that really opens the numbers up doesn't it? Was told during war time many women married guys to get the GI insurance should the guy get killed, some married a few times...whores to you? they are to me, and every family has them.

Still goes on today. I have a cousin wh0 is an officer in the Army. He has the unfortunate luck of being stationed in Kentucky at the moment. The guy is always telling me about the chicks that hang around the base and surrounding area looking for a military husband who can get them benefits and on base housing. Seems to be some cache with a local chick that has a military officer for a boyfriend or husband.

Dont understand...Have already said SHE wants to stop dancing. Why shouldnt I help her to do this even if I cannot/ will not commit?

Romp,

I guess you have a lot to learn about women, really! The fact that you tell her you don't commit, doesn't mean squat to her. Your sending out mixed signals for sure and she thinks she can win you over. You went to the village with her, you see her on a regular basis, and when she hints that she wants to quit dancing, you seriously think about setting her up. She's also just a kid and you put (unknowingly, I guess) ideas in her head you are her ticket out. Sooner or later, you're going to let her down, or fall for her, but either way, it is not going to work out like YOU planned it. She is the one calling the shots here.

Cheers,

soongmak

Not 100% I agree. Allow me to interpret a writing of a psychologist on the subject of prostitution: "Prostitution allows women to make fast money with not much mentally or physically effort...

Jasmine, who is this psychologist, really? Not much mentally effort? Or physically? I don't think this psychologist has put much "effort" in thinking what it means being a prostitute. He/she should give it a try, really. Then this "psychologist"would find out that it is not easy having sex with someone you don't care for and pretend to have a good time as well. It's dangerous too, there are a lot of nutters around.

practically posted up her genetic profile

-----------------------------

ahah! I do not think we know who is this girl, but we know you a little bit :). I see you love her but does not feel committed. that's playing on words. From anywhere i come from, plus this thread OP, you ARE committed! Maybe wise to realize it may not last, but as of now, for all purposes, committed to her.

Maybe you meant not committed to marry her....:dunno:

Jasmine:

However, prostitution creates the habit of "mak gnai" (easy way out) and sometimes laziness which can be a life-long habit. This habit can hinder the ability to face future in constructive ways

-----------------------------

Sorry, i can't resist from saying one does not have to be prostitute in thailand to be lazy and hinder one's future. This psychologist may know a thing about farangs, but apparently not much about his own society.

Not unheard of: I have found that these thai so-called experts can lay it thick on "understanding" farang behaviour, but be surprisingly or maybe diplomatically/self-censoringly modest in appraisng the shortcomings of thai society and people.

IMO, one cant' talk about prostitute behaviour if one does not study the context they come from and work in. But here, as concerns Thailand, that's opening a can of worms!

Please dont try and infer/assume anything about what I think of whores.

---------------------

With all due respect, and if my memory does not fail me, i think you told us a few times in no uncertain terms.

I also think you do go out in P4P, not sure if undulging, but yes, JJ is right, if you have been patronizing P4P joints more than passably, as a customer, you are one of the pillars of the whole crime-infested industry. No better, no worse than the girls. Supply and demand (even for booze) make an industry, one does not go without the other.

Fortunately, this industry is made of individuals too, and i lend them a fair chance, punters, girls, of being able to behave independantly of the criminality around them, even if it supports their entertainment habits or their work. After all, a good amount of jazz greats played in brothels and seedy clubs, and the music itself was associated with these segments of society at some point.

Guest lazyphil

<<Still goes on today. I have a cousin wh0 is an officer in the Army>>

My Cousin was a Royal Marine Commando stationed in Belize on jungle warfare exercise...choice, go to Mexico or Florida for r n r, chose Florida, met and nearly married a gal from Hicksville/Alabama, not saying she was on the make but from all accounts she wasn't exactly monied....the anti booze (bible belt) stance of hers put a nail in the coffin of their relationship!!

rompandadam said:

No check bin I wrote it wrong....of course I know everyone is unique...that it is up to the individuals themselves and as for advice...well!.....the "she" I wanted you guys to talk about are yours..or maybe just about a generalized "she".....which all of you have pretty much done generously.....

As I think this thread about generalized "she" is pretty stupid, I will sulk and go away. ::

I don't see why I should share anything when you simply do not get my point.. Come back and inform us and ask in your setting and situation, and I will do my best!

Cheers!

jjsushi said:
Old Hippie said:

Oh, "whore" do you mean girl who only sells sex in a bar? or any woman who uses sex to get what she wants? that really opens the numbers up doesn't it? Was told during war time many women married guys to get the GI insurance should the guy get killed, some married a few times...whores to you? they are to me, and every family has them.

Still goes on today. I have a cousin wh0 is an officer in the Army. He has the unfortunate luck of being stationed in Kentucky at the moment. The guy is always telling me about the chicks that hang around the base and surrounding area looking for a military husband who can get them benefits and on base housing. Seems to be some cache with a local chick that has a military officer for a boyfriend or husband.

JJ,

I might just happen to be familiar with that base Fort Cambell by chance? Yep was there! not much around, one entrance is in Kentucky, the other in Tennessee or close to it. Miserable places. A lot of those jerk water bases have girls around looking for someone to pull them out of Jerkwater...travel, see the world and maybe have a decent marrage...usually fails mind you, but can work...as James Brown once said... "...hot pants, she got to use what she got to get what she needs..." and they do...

Archived