Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

God comes to me and says: "Gomez, you can never have sex again."

And I would still live in Thailand because for many, many reasons it is the best country by far that I've ever lived in.

And I would still go to bars because the girls are great company and make me laugh.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all,

Stickman a hypocrite? Why? Because he speaks of the dangers out there? That?s just plain silly. Stick would only be a hypocrite if he said anyone who participated was a bad person and shouldn?t do, and then engaged in it himself. Now *that* would make him a hypocrite . But I?ve never heard him say punters are bad and shouldn?t do it, or are evil and stupid for doing so. He?s done nothing but say,?.?Hey?.be careful out there?. Which I?ve always thought to be of great service for any newbie?s coming into the scene. If stick still were participating, I fail to see he would be a hypocrite for it. The fact whether he doesn?t, or doesn?t, has no bearing on anything. It only has meaning if he says to not do something, and then turns around, and does it himself.

Say he spoke of the dangers of driving?. He has lived there long enough to see many accidents, and understand the perils of driving in BKK. Would he then be a hypocrite to drive himself? Or accept advertising on his site for Ford motor company? Why would he? He not saying not to drive, and then doing so himself.

Is he a hypocrite because his attitude has changed over the years? Everyone?s attitude changes over the years. Very few, if any expats there, feel exactly the same about the scene now, as the first night they experienced it. And that can be said for any of us. Stick used to participate, and now he chooses not to. So what? He is certainly not alone in that respect. Most expats embrace the scene completely, and then move on to a large degree, to more stable relationships. Are they hypocrites for doing so? And are they hypocrites also, for not choosing a b/g to have a stable relationship with?

I?m not really sure an ex-whoremonger who now frowns upon the scene now, could truly be called a hypocrite, either. Could you blame someone who might have had continual bad experiences in the scene, had his life savings stolen, and walked away with a case of HIV, hypocritical? Stupid maybe, but not a hypocrite. His attitudes were simple changed by his experiences. That does not make him a hypocrite. He?d only be one, if exhorting that message, and still participating, at the same time.

Are you a hypocrite if you don?t think a good idea to decide to get married and start a family, by running down to your local red-light district looking for a prostitute to be your soul mate, even though participating in the scene? Hardly. That is not the first place most would start looking. It does not make you a hypocrite just because you do not think the most ideal place to find a wife/g-f. Many look at the scene as nothing more than entertainment, and also a place to watch your back carefully, while doing so. Are you a hypocrite if get disillusioned, tire of the scene, get burnt, etc., and then have a change of attitude, and a change of opinion, as time marches foreword, even though you once embraced a certain activity? That notion is silly. Our opinions are formed by our experiences. Our experiences change, the more we have those experiences, thus affecting our opinions, be it solidifying them, or changing them.

I?ve often been called hypocritical here, also, because I?ve always resisted in getting emotionally involved with a b/g, even though using their services. Which is another silly notion. I?d only be hypocritical if telling others not to, while getting involved myself. Or telling others to do, and then refusing to do, myself. :On a personal note, I'd never tell someone *not* to do, other than a newbie who fell in love with the first B/G he met, but then I think any of us would do that. Just because Stick, and others, say to watch their back, cannot be taken to mean they think *all* b/g's are bad, horrid people, and that someone would have to be crazy to get near, which it is *very* often wrongly translated, as such, here.

Probably my last post here on this subject. Anything more, would just be redundant, at least from me. I?m asking lots of questions here, but not to be answered directly to me. Just putting them out there for discussion.

HT

You do raise fair points, and I really am not in a position to comment on prostitution in other countries. I do think however that prostitution here is driven by lack of viable alternatives (in the majority) rather than any great rational decision to become employed in a high return, low investment industry, so to speak.

I can really only base my view on the cases I know best. My g/f was one of seven or so kids of Issaan rice farmers. She left school at 12 or 13 to become a maid as her family cold not aford to send her to school ("free education" is not in Thailand). None of her siblings completed much higher education. Many of the girls in her village are in the same situation. The drift into "the game" was pretty inevitable as being one of the few options open to her.

Do I belive that *viable* alternatives would have kept her off the game? Yes, without question. I can assure you that her "life ambition" was not fucking farangs for a living.

Let me give one, perhaps clearer, example. I support my 20 year old niece (my g/f's neice). I am sending her to school (or rather back to school) to do a buisness/computer course at a technical college (after having done a couple of years remedial schooling required to catch up to the level she should have been at). She will be the first one in her "gereration" of that family *not* to be drawn into the game. Moreover my g/f's younger nieces also will have the same opportunity when *they* are older. They are/will be offered *viable* opportunities to get trained/educated. I can pretty much guarentee they will not end up in the bars.

I do not deny that there are (and always will be) girls who will "choose" the life of a prostitute, but removing the finacial/opportunity factors, and I honestly believe thy are a much, much smaller percentage that you would like to believe.

-j-

>You never answered the question

Actually, I did. I said that I do not see any conflict in sticks position in his column and taking sponsorship.

>What I am commenting on has more to do with how your evading the question put to you by JXXL

Again. I did not evade the question. I do not see any great conflict between his position in his column and his taking sponsorship. There for the question of is he a hypocrit does not arise for me.

Is this clear enough???????

> never quoted or infered that he said such

You most certainly *did* infer that.

All in all this is looking more like you have personal issues with stick rather than anything else.

What is it? Jealously or the old "he's not such a big man syndrome"?

-j-

>So, the impression given by the board is wrong?

No. *Your* impression of the board is wrong.

>The impression is even more consequent, if reading Npong board

Again, that is a mist-take on that board. Most expats (even the ones that post on the boards) do not spend most of ther time in bars. And perhaps by "expats" I will be using the sense of those that work here. There are a few notable exeptions. I may go in twice a month to meet up with friends. Often less than that.

As has also been pointed out, participation in these boards is also some what "self selective", in that an "interest" in the night life is required to motivate participation. Of the 4 expats I work with, 2 know *nothing* of the night life here, and one has a "passing" familiarity with it at best. I am the only one who could give you a full list of the bars in either nana or cowboy, and my participation is limited to once or twice a month!

Most of these boards are driven by the tourists who are either planning a trip, on a trip or recovering from a trip. They are the enthusiastic ones.

-j-

>Do I belive that *viable* alternatives would have kept her off the game? Yes, without question. I can assure you that her "life ambition" was not fucking farangs for a living.

But "I want a farang to take care of me" ambition was there, wasn't it? Or you are telling us she was totally surprised that farangs exist?

With no skills, how and where to meet them? Then it starts...and ends with the whole family enjoying the fruits.

She's done well, if she makes nice wife, good for both.

Archived