Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"So, if a girl has no connections in the farang scene, she is unlikely to get into it. Equally, if she has connections in the local scene, that is where she (maybe) ends up."

Yes, that is my thought as well.

Sanuk!

Sometimes I asked myself the same question how a girl started to work at certain place.

If a girl arrives from Issan or elsewhere with no knowledge about P4P, she won't be able to do an market study, if she would prefer locals or Farangs and if Farangs which place like NEP or SC would suit most her business interests. ::

If you ask the girls there is always a female relative or girlfriend who introduced her to the scene.

What I find very special about Farang P4P is that I have never heard of a male (pimp) being involved in the decision for the workplace, but this of course could be due to my limited knowledge.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you define "hardly ever in the bars"? I average about 2 hours total in go-go bars per 15 days in Thailand and I am not an expat, even though I keep an apartment there all year round.

For me, that means they spend about the same amount of time in the bars as you do, and that is mostly because they meet acquaintances from the board like me and has hardly anything to do with the girls.

What would you say is the total amount of time an expat indulges in P4P in Thailand?

Nobody can answer that question! Your guess is as good as mine.

I hear alot on this board about how expats get bored of the bar scene or hardly ever go to the bars but that is not indicative of how much time expats spend engaged in P4P. Seems to me that there is a misperception or myth that expats don't engage or are active in P4P simply because they do not "go to the bars" the same as tourists do.

The difference I see is that tourists are more like kids in a candystore and can't wait to go back. For expats, the candy store is always there. No pressure to go, there's always tomorrow. Also, most expats get into serious relationships after time, and the ones I know try to make it work by not straying. Off course there's the possibility they lie to me, but since I have no proof of that, so I just take their word for that. Off course you are free to believe otherwise.

Hi!

I don't quite get yor post. What does Nelson Mandela have to do with it.

If it is some dude that is stuck in a rut and is not that happy himself, then I would be inclined to dismiss such self righteous comments as disguised envy.

It would take someone that knows me very well, like a close friend, to know if I were happy or not. How deos the fact that I want to run my own life make me self righteous. In my opinion it is those say that they know better tthan me what will make me happy that are the self righteous ones.

It appears that you are making the rather common mistake of transfering your own feelings on to other people. E.g. many people are happy when they go to church. I grew up in a church going family and always found it to be a total waste of time.

It is true that the world is not always a nice place but it is the only one we have and we can only do the best possible of it. As we used to say when we were young - "Life sometimes sucks but the alternative is always worse".

regards

ALHOLK

Hi ALHOLK,

>>>>I have read more than one post by Stickman where he condemns both the bar scene and tha customers and expresses a wish that the whole sceene would be closed.<<<

Really? That could be true. But I've always been more under the impression that he always meant 'closed', in the sense of not being so in-your-face (read: farang tourists groping their pick-of-the-day on the BTS, etc., and girls cat-calling (touting) right on Sukumvit). While it makes for very easy pickings for the tourists, I can see an expat being offended seeing this day in, and day out. As a first time visitor, I thought was great...pussy everywhere you look! But even only after a few years, I'm both embarrassed for my fellow farang's, as well as the Thai people, who are forced to witness such openness, and in-your-face activities. While no problem elsewhere, it can be argued that is culturally insensitive to a country who has opened their borders to you, and disdains such displays.

Just my take on the content of the site. I'm of course, not speaking for Stickman himself. Just my impression of the general theme there, as I read it.

HT

josh_ingu said:

All in all this is looking more like you have personal issues with stick rather than anything else.

What is it? Jealously or the old "he's not such a big man syndrome"?

-j-

Josh I could give 2 shits if it "looks" like I have personal issues with Stick. I will state I do not. I do not know the man I know of the column. Let me understand you better, so by simply critiquing his public writings means I am "jealous"? That is the most inane and RETARDED statement I have ever read. So accordind to your logic if I publcly critique someone in an unflattering way then I am jealous of them? I guess I am jealous of my President George Bush because I think his policies have failed America, I guess I am jealous of the quarterback for the quarterback for the Packers because he did not throw enough touchdowns to cover the point spread on the bet I made, I guess I am jealous of Tom Hanks because the last movie I saw of his sucked.

You are the one making this "personal" and you compound it by insinuating that I may be jealous or suffering from "big man syndrome". Let us apply you logic again to your situation. It "appears" you could be Stick's personal "bootlicker" by the way you rush to defend him. Quite evident since you have stated that you admire his effort to put out a weekly column. Would that be a fair assessment?

Instead of simply answering the question posed to you by another poster using a public figure such as Stickman as an example, you clumsily cast aspersions as to my motivations.

Pray do tell wise Josh what in the world do I have to be jealous about regarding Stick? You said something stupid, so I am calling you on it. Back up your trash talking with some substance. if you can't back it up then keep your trap shut.

>You are hereby corrected

Good try, but not quite. The actual thread read:

>>>I will never adopt the stance that whores are a pestilence to society

>>Well, OK. here we go. I will stand corrected if you can show me a column from stick where he calls them "a pestilance to society". Thats seems fair.

So, no correction till you can show me a column (i.e. LINK) in which stick calls the girls "a pestilance to society".

Happy reading

-j-

>Instead of simply answering the question posed to you by another poster

I have answered that question repeatedly and clearly in this thread. However, as my answer is not to the liking of you or the other poster, you keep on harping on it.

>Pray do tell wise Josh what in the world do I have to be jealous about regarding Stick? You said something stupid, so I am calling you on it. Back up your trash talking with some substance. if you can't back it up then keep your trap shut.

keep my trap shut? Nice. However, now you are asking me to speculate on the cause of your insecurity or jealousy. Do you *really* want me to go there?

-j-

Archived