Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

I think to answer your question regarding the as to "why" Stick can beviewed as a hypocrite, HT, JXXXL put it quite succinctly

. . . . But, don't you think it's hypocritical to critize something while taking money from the suppliers? Please address this. It would be like the anti-smoking lobby taking money from the tobacco companies.

hmmmmm, let me make it real simple for you.

1. Expat businessman in Thailand = no problem.

2. Expat businessman takes advertising from whore vendor = no problem.

3. Said expat businessman says whoring is bad = conflict.

Do you see my point? If not, perhaps I can make you a ven diagram.

I thought the topic is/are hypocrits?

[

The basis of hypocrisy is to profess one thing and then do that which does not support what is professed. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"So, if a girl has no connections in the farang scene, she is unlikely to get into it. Equally, if she has connections in the local scene, that is where she (maybe) ends up."

Yes, that is my thought as well.

Sanuk!

Every BG I met had known a girl in the farang scene prior to entering into the trade herself.

I never met a chick who said she went into a farang bar out of the blue looking for employment. They always had a friend or a girl they knew who was in the business.

The community, network, "have to know someone" thing seems to be very strongwith Thai lasses. Very little independent movement.

josh_ingu said:

However, now you are asking me to speculate on the cause of your insecurity or jealousy. Do you *really* want me to go there?

-j-

You have my permission. Fire away. This will be really entertaining and should help me though a slow Friday at the office.

Hi JJ,

>>>The basis of hypocrisy is to profess one thing and then do that which does not support what is professed. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.<<<

I couldn't have said it better!

And is exactly, the basis for my thoughts posted here.

Your flawed thought process, is in thinking that what is being said is, "whoring is bad", and nothing else. Who is saying this JJ?

Because of addressing the downsides, you translate that, to meaning the messenger is stating that all 'whoring is bad'? Your school of thought here, is ludichrist. It's not what is being said. One day hopefully, you can wake up to that fact.

HT

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Girls catering for foreigners are creme de la creme of all Thailand prostitutes"

Not even close! The highest paid girls serves local clientele *exclusively*, and they make *way* more money than the girls in the farang business (think 25K+ Baht a night!).

Sanuk!

I pointed out in another thread that is is a gross miscondeptionand myth that Thai men only pay 500bt a pop . They have a segmented(even more so) P4P market the same as farang do.

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi JJ,

>>>The basis of hypocrisy is to profess one thing and then do that which does not support what is professed. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.<<<

I couldn't have said it better!

And is exactly, the basis for my thoughts posted here.

Your flawed thought process, is in thinking that what is being said is, "whoring is bad". Who is saying this JJ?

Because of addressing the downsides, you translate that, to meaning the messenger is stating that 'whoring is bad'? Your school of thought here, is ludichrist. It's not what is being said. One day hopefully, you can wake up to that fact.

HT

I personally clearly recall some time ago Stick, stating his opinion about the ills of prostitution, about how it affects Thai society, about the dangers to the women, about how proper Thai society deplores it, etc. His opinion was quite biased and not neutral inany manner, with these assessments he wrote. Now how can you say that after publicly professing these opinions and in turn run a website that caters to whoremongers as well as reap some sort of benefit from those in the "business" in whatever shape or form; can one not be a hypocrite?

Like I said pretty cut and dry to me. I think either your logic or interpretation of "hypocrisy" are extremely flawed.

josh_ingu said:

>You are hereby corrected

Good try, but not quite. The actual thread read:

>>>I will never adopt the stance that whores are a pestilence to society

>>Well, OK. here we go. I will stand corrected if you can show me a column from stick where he calls them "a pestilance to society". Thats seems fair.

So, no correction till you can show me a column (i.e. LINK) in which stick calls the girls "a pestilance to society".

Happy reading

-j-

Dude, don't be a boob and paraphrase me out of context. I never quoted that Stick stated that whores are a pestilence to society. Re-read my post again and notice how I wrote 2 distinct paragraphs with the same basis of a concept- the first concerning you and Stick and the second regarding my personal take and involvement in the scene. If you can't make that distinguishment then I suggest you do some remedial schooling.

I insist that you stop this farce immediately.

Guest lazyphil

<<The difference I see is that tourists are more like kids in a candystore and can't wait to go back. For expats, the candy store is always there. No pressure to go, there's always tomorrow. Also, most expats get into serious relationships after time, and the ones I know try to make it work by not straying>>

This applys to tourists too, personally I go back to LOS these days and dont go (the odd local Thai nightclub, maybe) to and obsess about bars, its very understandable why people do and I did but lets not put expats and tourists in such polarised camps!

>>>>>I personally clearly recall some time ago Stick, stating his opinion about the ills of prostitution, about how it affects Thai society, about the dangers to the women, about how proper Thai society deplores it, etc. His opinion was quite biased and not neutral inany manner, with these assessments he wrote.<<<<

Yea....and? What's your point?

<<<<ills of prostitution, about how it affects Thai society, about the dangers to the women, about how proper Thai society deplores it, etc.<<<

It DOES affect Thai society. There ARE dangers to the women who engage. Proper Thai society DOES deplore the farang exposure aspect. How does his opinions on these observations of this, make him a hypocrite???? It's biased???? In what possible way????

Not neutral?..... In who's terms? Yours? You need to come up with a lot better than this, to convince me of your points, JJ.

You state that Stickman is a hypocrite. Fine. Then start to come up with some tangible reasons for your thoughts, for us. How is he exactly hypocritical, based on the criteria, you yourself have put forth here. I'm just not seeing it.

>>>I think either your logic or interpretation of "hypocrisy" are extremely flawed.<<<

Why? My interpretation of "Hypocrisy" mirrors yours to a "T". I stand by wholeheartedly with your definition of the word.

Show me the light, JJ :)

HT

Archived