Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

HT,

Lets take this step by step. Do you believe that Stickman believes any or all of the following and has express these sentiments in his column?

1. Prostitution is harmful to Thai society.

2. Prostitution is harmful to the women participating in it.

3. Farang tourists openly displaying their participation in prostitution are humiliating themselvs and other farangs.

Like I said, I haven't read his column in a long time, but *I* clearly interpreted these messages when I did read his column.

Please address the above and then we will move to step 2.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

As long as Stickman has not posted here, I will allow the discussion about his column, as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand, i.e. "are ex-whoremongers hypocrits ?"

But no discussions about Stickman, nor getting personal in any post.

Discuss, attack, dissect and rebute postings, not posters.

BB

Guest lazyphil

Stick is no different in some a bg in someways, he has his values on things (nightlife etc) but compromises them to make money, just like a bg does.

This is moronic.

As if everyone who writes about politics must be a politician or writes about basketball has to be a current player.

That Stick did it, became bored with it, and now has a different perspective, makes him a better source of information, with a more balanced view than a blind "fan".

If anyone has an issue with him because he is not a cheerleader, if they need that kind of emotional support because they are so unsure of the choices they've made in life, then they are not worth talking to.

Grow up.

Guest lazyphil

I couldn't give a rats arse if Stickman is/was/never was a cheerleader of LOS bars/nightlife. I've always been realistic about the whole thing, the risk, harm to punters and the girls, the bad image to LOS that prostitution brings etc etc. I've never needed anyone to remind me!

There might exist different definitions of the term "pimp", but to say that Stickman or KS are pimps is complete nonsense IMHO. I wonder how you came to this strange conclusion.

I thought of a pimp in a more strict sense, where a pimp has a very strong personal relationship to a prostitute, either through personal bonds or through intimidation and force - like this definition from Babylon:

"pimp

n. a person who procures a prostitute for customers or vice versa, sharing the profits of the person's activities. Supposedly he provides protection for the prostitutes, but quite often he will threaten, brutalize, rape, cheat and induce drug addiction of the prostitutes. A pimp commits the crime of pandering."

In a sense the bar owner and/or the Mamasan might be a kind of pimp, but Bar girls don't share their profits, since the real business of the girls is done outside the bar. Thai BG (for Farangs) can end her contracts any day without fear of being harassed or worse, quite different for example the prostitutes in Cambo brothels where the girls often are forced to repay a (false) loan for years without being able to leave.

So Kamui, what about the typical Thai bf who offers no protection, just collects money from the girl? Is he a pimp or not? Seen many of them, often he comes to the massage parlour when the girl finishes work and she hands over the money.

When it comes to the bar business - would it be there if the girls did not fuck their customers? The bar fine can also be called pimp money, I believe many have a quota on it...

That's why I spoke exclusively about Farang P4P. Anyway, if a boy collects money from his GF he is just a parasite, who gains from her job, but who is not involved in her business as far as I see and therefore no pimp in this sense.

I did not neglect that bar owners/Mamasans are a kind of pimps, but as I said strings between the bars and the girls are much weaker compared to a usual relationship between a pimp and a prostitute. As far as I know the bar owners have no control about the girls, except they can keep a part of their monthly wage in case of breach of contract.

Do you still stick to your assessment that KS and Stick are pimps? If KS advertises for a flower shop doesn't mean that he is florist. :D

kamui said:

That's why I spoke exclusively about Farang P4P. Anyway, if a boy collects money from his GF he is just a parasite, who gains from her job, but who is not involved in her business as far as I see and therefore no pimp in this sense.

I did not neglect that bar owners/Mamasans are a kind of pimps, but as I said strings between the bars and the girls are much weaker compared to a usual relationship between a pimp and a prostitute. As far as I know the bar owners have no control about the girls, except they can keep a part of their monthly wage in case of breach of contract.

Do you still stick to your assessment that KS and Stick are pimps? If KS advertises for a flower shop doesn't mean that he is florist. :D

If he only advertises for flower shops, he is in the florist industry. I am not sure where I would draw the line - one bar ad among it would not change that status! :D

Certainly, one florist detective ad would make me sure that he works in that industry (ref Stick)! ::

Cheers!

Archived