Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think_too_mut said:

But "I want a farang to take care of me" ambition was there, wasn't it? Or you are telling us she was totally surprised that farangs exist?

Ambition????

From what I have learned"farang take care" is the reason, but who told the lady that's the way to go?

In my case it was a lady friend from the same village who married a german guy (found working in a bar) with whom she worked as a maid in Bangkok. And most tg's I know in the circle have the same explanation. The reality of this "way out" once put into practice does not look to be that amusing, but no one tells them that...

Old Hippie said:

Why would a girl shag locals for 500bht ....

Hi oh,

My guess would be that girls move into the business through connections of one sort or another - family, friends, friends of friends. That sort of relationship is far more important to Thais than in the west.

So, if a girl has no connections in the farang scene, she is unlikely to get into it. Equally, if she has connections in the local scene, that is where she (maybe) ends up.

Khwai

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"But "I want a farang to take care of me" ambition was there, wasn't it?"

And how would this explain all those girls catering to local clientele?

Sanuk!

Stephen Leather tried to explain it with: "Girls catering for foreigners are creme de la creme of all Thailand prostitutes".

What we can see from that is - they did some or more effort to learn English and want more than 500B a pop.

Hi,

"Girls catering for foreigners are creme de la creme of all Thailand prostitutes"

Not even close! The highest paid girls serves local clientele *exclusively*, and they make *way* more money than the girls in the farang business (think 25K+ Baht a night!).

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Girls catering for foreigners are creme de la creme of all Thailand prostitutes"

Not even close! The highest paid girls serves local clientele *exclusively*, and they make *way* more money than the girls in the farang business (think 25K+ Baht a night!).

Sanuk!

I have heard of those. Closer to the ground, this is what Leather said (and it describes what I meant to say):

The girls who work in the farang bars are in effect the elite of the country's prostitutes.

Their standard of English is generally better than that of the girls who service the Thai clientele, and because they are paid more for each sexual encounter, they tend not to have as many clients. A prostitute in a Thai massage parlour or bar could service as many as a dozen man in a day.

A girl in a go-go bar might only go with one or two men a week, or perhaps even latch on to a particular customer who would pay her bar fine for the lenght of his stay in Thailand.

Obviously, the girls do not arrive in the city with the necessary skills to begin working with foreigners. These have to be acquired......

The girls who are not able to acquire the necessary skills either return to their villages or, more likely, seek employment in the massage parlours, cocktail lounges and karaoke bars frequented by a Thai clientele.

........................................................................................

Hi,

Still disagree to an extend. Many of the girls in the massage parlours (especially high-end ones) do not have many customers either (think 'sideliners'), and they get paid a lot more for each encounter as well.

Same goes for karaoke girls who do customers.

These kind of girls easily take 4-5K Baht ST.

Sanuk!

Archived