Another Sinsot thread

You have to deal with this alone HT. If they want to show off a bit, can you have most of the amount returned? My own experience in marrying a Thai girl was no sin sot. She had been married before. But, she was also the boss in the family. And I was poor dude! We saved whatever we could for our own family. All we did was registering at the district office, and a dinner with my parents and hers afterwards.

Their greatest concern was losing their daughter overseas, and her safety. There are many stories around with farangs exploiting TG's.

Follow your own instinct HT, this is stuff you are more capable of handling than ANY poster here. You will find a solution that both you and your girl can live with. Good luck!

Cheers!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi CBK,

For sure, is something I will have to deal with alone. It's not something I am overly worried about, but just wanted to do a little preliminary work, to try to find out average ballpark figures, with which to work with. For all I know, mother could give back every penny, the night of wedding celebration, and might only be concerned with showing face, at ceremony.

Gf is only concerned with one thing. She will come here no matter what, but needs one thing to happen. And that is an engagement party. A very simple ring, with a small dinner party, with a few family members, to legitimize us. At least in her mind, she can then come here in a respectable manor, and also can have some ammunition against those constantly telling her she is crazy for believing some farang, living half a world away. Very little expense involved in that, but will make her a very happy camper. :) She knows family will have a hard time explaining her going off to live in farangland, without that happening. In her mind, is ok to come here to live, as long as that requirement is met. She is very concerned what her grandmother might think, if I were not to do this for her.

HT

Phil,

Happened almost 2 years ago, after meeting a Thai girl, for the very first time. You, in particular, at every opportunity, have made me very sorry for ever sharing here. And is the sole reason I no longer post 'trip reports' here.

Give it a rest already, will you? I'd really appreciate it.

HT

>>>we will behave<<<<

Hahahaha! Are you sure? We have full-on nudity showing here, in local strip clubs. Might be too much to resist. :D And Hawaii is not Minnesota. Have many Filipino and some Thai girl's here, as well. :D

So why do I chose a girl 10,000 miles away? Good question.... She just grew on me, and I can't shake her off. Certainly would make my life a *lot* easier, if found someone closer to home. But as fate would have it, she ended up being there, instead of here. Working now, to rectify that situation. ::

HT

CBK,

>>>>>Sigh, you are not married are you HT? Asian wife?s always keep you in your right place. No way my wife would let me out to a strip joint without her in tow!<<<

Well....I'll explain to her that Hawaii is a unique culture. All business meetings here, are conducted between the hours of 11pm-4am. This is necessitated by the fact of the northern lights, aligning with the gravitational pull of Kilauea volcano on the 'Big Island'.

Think she'll buy it? Unfortunatly, my wife never did. But then, she was a local girl, who knew better. :)

HT

Ok....back to original topic!

Archived