Another Sinsot thread

Hi Shyguy,

>>>Will your TG work in the USA WITHOUT a green card?

How much of the sin sot will you get back? Maybe buy your TG a car in farangland and show photos of the car at the wedding. They will think it costs 3 times as much due to the taxes in Thailand.

How much money will you get at the wedding? The guests give money as wedding gifts. The family friends are probably well to do so will give big money to gain face.

I am sure your TG uni has friends that married. How much was their sin sot?<<<<

My girl wants to work as soon as possible when getting here. Sin sot getting back??? Have no idea. See Above post.

Gf does not have any uni friends married yet. She graduated earlier than them. I met her right out of college a year and a half ago, already working, but her classmates only grad less than one year ago. She has nothing to go by, as of yet. :(

And she is 24....not exactly a baby. Seems many Thai girls are marrying a lot later, now days. At least in BKK.

HT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]A Thai doctor , I doubt, would have 300 mil baht to throw around. His family would have to be super rich, above 4 billion baht in assets. Even Mr. T's maid would not be able to afford that.

[/color]

No reason to lie to me, so you think some of the poor Thais cannot afford 300 mil Baht? You do underestimate them, but I have no need to convince you Also, Sin Sot is NOT a throw away money.

Cheers!

[color:"red"] I did hear, that if you pay sin sot, and subsequently don't get married, that Thai law states that all must be returned.

[/color]

Oh dear, Hubby and I just took off a few days to go up to Niagara Falls and I got fired!!!! Boo hoo, sob, sob!!! ::

My Sin Sot was supposed to be given to me for the future so if the money s for the bride, just in case for the hardship, it should be ok.

The law does not require it to be returned unless it is the bride-to-be's fault that causes the marriage to be cancelled. if it is the broom's fault, especially if the woman's loses the virginity to the groom already, will be difficult to convince that the money is to be returned, HT. :D

Chers!

[color:"green"] No reason to lie to me, so you think some of the poor Thais cannot afford 300 mil Baht? You do underestimate them, but I have no need to convince you Also, Sin Sot is NOT a throw away money. [/color]

First of all i said throw around not throw away money. This means an ostentatious display of wealth.

Second, less than 1% of the USA population would be able to afford 7 million USD. In Thailand it is probably less than 0.1% of the population. Common sense suggests this sin sot amount was inflated. If not who is this wealthy Thai doctor. He should be well known and from a wealthy family as should the bride. There should be a newspaper article about this wedding. Where is it?

What I am saying is that a Thai doc although earning a nice income would not have the money to display 7 million USD. His source of wealth would have to come from elsewhere.

jasmine said:

[color:"red"]A Thai doctor , I doubt, would have 300 mil baht to throw around. His family would have to be super rich, above 4 billion baht in assets. Even Mr. T's maid would not be able to afford that.

[/color]

No reason to lie to me, so you think some of the poor Thais cannot afford 300 mil Baht? You do underestimate them, but I have no need to convince you Also, Sin Sot is NOT a throw away money.

Cheers!

Can I take your post as the confirmation to my (mod) request for you to confirm that 7.5 mil US$ were paid as sin sot?

TTM - mod.

Archived