Another Sinsot thread

What are the stats here in the USA? something like 60+% of marrages end in divorce, and over half of those in the first 5 years...so why even argue the stats for Thai/Falang marrages that fall into the same category. And consider that the P4P girl is most likely marrying a punter, so obviously room for problems from the start, takes to to ruin something sometimes...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

Thanks. Interesting stats...WOuld stack up about the same against Punter/BG marrages I would think...Didn't see the rankings of reasons for divorse...? Sex and money are usually the 2 biggest ones...

I have a couple of friends who are divorce lawyers and psychologists and they all say the same thing sex and money are not the reasons people split up, unless of course they married for money and sex. The real reason is that they were incompatible to begin with, having different attitudes and expectations of a working marriage and the other spouse. It becomes about money and sex when they realize they don't want to be with the other person.

I think in my experience that people confuse love and marriage. Most guys understand love but they have no clue about marriage. Maybe that is why I am still a bachelor becauuse I understand the responsibility of marriage too well.

Which is why I think that the debate on if a BG is a good choice for a sccessful marriage is siilly. The problem as I see it is not that the chick is a BG but rather the farang wants to marry her after knowing her a face to face cumulative total of a month or two. He never takes time to learn about the person. I think the same applies to guys who marry non-BG chicks and spend the same amount of face to face time with them. You really don't know a person until you live with them. I have lived with plenty of chicks to understand that little truism.

For a Western guy importing his wife I think the odds for success are about the same whether she is a BG or non-BG.

pattaya127 said:

One has to be fair, if the problem of P4P girls, as often enounced, is the greed for money, or simply having to spend/send towards a succesful RT, then no difference in the 2 set-ups, except the sin sot prices i read on this thread seem to up the mark when concerning non-P4P.

I think that is a fair point you raised. If the sinsot is not returned then what truly is the difference?

All that talk of culture and saving face is a crock of shit if the money is kept.

All that talk of Thai guys have to pay too is also nonsense because many of them don't pay it and if they do it is relevant to the social status of both him and the chick. Also every Thai family does not expect a sinsot, some are just happy to see their daughters married off, especially if they are past the expiry date.

I think guys need to understand that the reason many farang pay huge sinsot relative to the chicks status is simply because they are "farang". Also, I would suspect that there is a significant age difference between the bride and groom, that also gets calculated in that sinsot price. When was the last time any of you read the Thai society pages and about a wedding between a 55yr old Thai businessman and a 21yr old Thai chick? Everyone I read about is pretty much close in age and status.

The Thais that pay huge sinsot are generally rich, powerful, have important families, are entertainers, public figures or upwardly mobile.

I think with all the talk on these boards about Thais scamming farang, the sinsot is the mother scam of them all.

Does anyone think that many a time these sinsot requests are really due more to the chick's expectations rather than the family?

I had an ex-gf here in the States that ecpected her diamond engaement ring to be at least 5ct in weight. Her rationale was that her mother had a 5 ct ring and her sister had a 5ct ring therefore she should have one too. Mind you she was willing to contribute to pay for the ring but she was absolutely adamant about it being 5cts.

I think Thai chicks can think along tthose same lines too. After all if their best friend, sister or cousin received such and such amount of sinsot, they should too.

Archived