Are apricots and peaches grown in LOS ?

New Petchburi Pete

I love the wonderful array of Thai fruits. I really enjoy the pineappple in particular. I'm sure everyone has their favorites.

Out of cuiosity, does anyone know whether or not apricots and peaches are grown in LOS? :dunno:

If so, are they grown predominantly in any particular province?

If anyone has any information on the availability of these two, I'd like to be informed. Thanks for any reliable input. :bow:

naaaaaaa, i dont think they grow them here yet, but they grow strawberries in chang mai etc so there really is no reason they cant be grown here, i remember one time i brought back cherries from malaysia, i had enough cherries in malaysia and thought i would put the extras in my fridge in thailand for a couple of days later (i mean i hadnt eaten cherries for like 12 years so it was a special treat)

hmmmmm, 2 days later i look in the fridge and i got no cherries, yep it seems once a thai has tried erm they like erm aswell :(

malaysia has good plums aswell :) , right thats it im off to malay for a buying spree :)

I think the climate is to damp or something. Apricots tend to like a drier climate. Not sure about peaches. A friend of mine wanted to grow Pistachios on her dads farm. I called around to U.C. agriculture dept, taked to the Nut experts. She and He (dual experts) said the climate was all wrong. Said even San Jauquin valley was to wet at times! She also mentioned Apricotes during that conversation...The rule of thumb she says is "think of where they grow here, or in the world, if the place you want to grow them has a similar climate, then o.k. if not, they won't grow..."

If anyone has any information on the availability of these two

Can buy them at super markets in Bangkok and on the streets. Cherries and strawberries too. Produce like this tends to be imported from Aus/NZ according to the annoying stickers glued to each piece of fruit.

Archived