Ex GF and ethical dilemma

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but..... the view of the customer is always over shadowed by the 'rights' of the store owner.

KS, you pay the bills, so you are 'always right'. That is accepted. Not always considered 'right' by those who don't.

The practical vs. the ideal.

Be an owner................ fine

Be a consumer ........ fine.

The ideals are in your own minds.

Just an old farts view. :bow:

I and others have basically opted out,............... this you know.

Hi,

LHL, and ND?, I am not considering closing this because of whose side of the discussion I am on, I am considering closing it because it has turned bad / repetitive and is very close to becoming very nasty I think.

Kinda surprised, and disappointed as well, that you would think I would stoop that low.

Sanuk!

Calling people cowards when they think it's best not to take action

------------------------

Ok, guys (not you, KS), I have enough of all the twisting to fit one's argument fuel.

The coward word and my exasperated reaction to SGK, had nothing to do with the topic, it was plain to see, still is, and here i have to question what is blinding SGK or anyone to see that?

It was about SGK not answering a simple question by yes and no (you subsequently said your answer was in another thread which i bowed out of, and said so there, so i had no way to know), and the exasperation was about you aggressing me personally, though there was absolutely no reason, given my open-mindedness to all opinions.

Never mind where i apologize, i did it because i am a man of goodwill and see no reason to be stuck in an angry stance for days (or even hours). As a mod, i think it proper to make it public apology. Should i apologize again, for apologizing?

You guys have been and are still giving points for being on one side or another. That's the reason why i did not look at this thread more than every other day. That was already way too much!

[color:"red"] I have enough of all the twisting to fit one's argument fuel.

The coward word and my exasperated reaction to SGK, had nothing to do with the topic[/color]

Listen, I am not twisting your words. I don't deny you called me a coward also, but you used the cowardly remark to stress the moral obligation to inform the guy. It was in direct relevance to the subject. You can read it back as well, it's in your second post in this thread. It is especially relevant as you called me dishonest for taking the moral highground and it proves that you have no problem of doing the same thing yourself.

[color:"red"] Never mind where i apologize, i did it because i am a man of goodwill [/color]

Apologizing is nice, but when you launch a thinly veiled attack on me in the same post , I can only view it as insincere, sorry.

Hi LaoHuLi,

That's unfair.......and I'm not just saying so, because he's my boss. KS is the last person here, to throw his weight around in a dictorial mannor.

Just because he offers his opinion, does not make him right. And he would be the first one to tell you that. You're insinuating that unless you see it "KS's way", you are in the wrong. That is pure nonsense. You, more than most, have been here long enough, to know that is untrue.

HT

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi LaoHuLi,

That's unfair.......and I'm not just saying so, because he's my boss. KS is the last person here, to throw his weight around in a dictorial mannor.

Just because he offers his opinion, does not make him right. And he would be the first one to tell you that. You're insinuating that unless you see it "KS's way", you are in the wrong. That is pure nonsense. You, more than most, have been here long enough, to know that is untrue.

HT

never might to imply that one must agree with KS opinion about anything.

My comment was directed to that old topic that has surfaced here many times before ........... the avoiding of what may be presumed to be 'nasty' by some, by closing a thread.

This monster thread has obviously caused a lot of interest and responses. Most of them having little to do with the OP question, but interest and participation nevertheless. IMO all these threads will die away on their own when left alone. They should be left to do so without threat or intervention IMO.

As to the OP's question, he still has to make his own decision on his course of action, including non-action. It has, however been interesting to see the opposing teams in action to support each of their 'high moral grounds'. Also interesting to see what fires up people on this board to post and respond. Obviously the question of 'moral ethics' at least within the narrow hypothesis offered brings forth far more comments than I would have expected.

I hope that is clearer.

And as to the rest of this thread? Let's let it die a dignified death. A remarkable thread, in the history of threads, here on NP.com, to be sure. I'd really like to see it closed, on some positive notes.

Many of our disagreements come from not taking this situation as an isolated one, and stretching it out, to more general terms. I said from the very beginning, that I would not have my beliefs of how to deal with Zen's situation, applicable to every case. It is unique, in that he is the only person on earth, who can do something about it, which makes it a lot more trickier, than someone simply running around calling attention to every know HIV carrier, they know about. It's not the same, which some make it out to be. And I think, where some of the debates, got off track.

His (Zen's), is a very complicated situation. Not unlike someone knowing that a family member was in that situation, and not stepping forward, to say something.

What made this thread great, IMO, is the fact that all of us, can see many sides to the coin, and agknowledge the fact, that not all situations are created equal.

So let's bury the hatchets, and all agree, to disagree. What I found most interesting about this thread, is JJ, (whom I almost always lock horns with), spoke my very words, before I was able to type them. How strange is that?????? :dunno:

OK JJ, enough of that shit!. You're taking all the fun out of hostile debates. And I won't stand for any of that crap!!! :neener:

P127, and Soongmak......Time to shake hands, and leave the battle for another day, and another topic. What say you both?

HT

Hi,

>>>I hope that is clearer. <<<

It is. Thanks. ::

>>>>>Most of them having little to do with the OP question, but interest and participation nevertheless. IMO all these threads will die away on their own when left alone. They should be left to do so without threat or intervention IMO.<<<<

I don't think so. I think almost all posts were on topic, up until the last few pages, where it lost steam, and degenerated into an argument between a few posters. It's been days, since anyone has offered anything on topic. Hense the school of thought, to close it. Or at least, to concider it.

>>>>>>>>It has, however been interesting to see the opposing teams in action to support each of their 'high moral grounds'. Also interesting to see what fires up people on this board to post and respond. Obviously the question of 'moral ethics' at least within the narrow hypothesis offered brings forth far more comments than I would have expected.<<<<<<<<

It is a 'moral' topic, so the responses are predictable, in coming in, as such. The most hotly debated topics here, are always based on moral platforms, and always will be.

"X bar in Nana Plaza, was 'showing' last night", or "Wat Po was really cool", will never be hotly debated. But post... "All bar girls are worthless whores", and you will have a very long-running thread, if not closed down due to excessive flaming, within the first two pages. :D

HT

Archived