Ex GF and ethical dilemma

Mr Flyonzeewall has left the building!

He asks me, to advice you all, by great irony, the scenario we have all been discussing, has actually hapened to him and his family.

the first thing they did was engage "Professional" help - no not a bar girl or baord member you dummy, but a trainedd person with experience in this area,

And guess what, they are a great help, and advice along th elines of what he and I and other's have said, "Don't do it yourself, get professional help, to advice YOU if the person in question doesn;t want to listen!"

That's all coz I was out when he calledd - god man that Fly - I disagree him on many other things - but i respect him

DOG

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

....and his spelling is way better than yours !

Then again, compare a fly with a dog......

BB

BOTH frequently found with their heads in toilet bowls. :neener:

(just an observation) ::

NO ONE IS PERFECT, AND CERTAINLY NOT ME. I HAVE NOT CHECKED THIS THREAD IN 2 DAYS, BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD MY FLARE UP HAS CAUSED PROLONGED GRIEVANCE TO YOU, SOONGMAAK. I AM VERY SORRY FOR THAT AND APOLOGIZE FOR HURTING YOUR FEELINGS.

to all:

MY CLAIM ON THIS TOPIC HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO RESPECT EACH OTHER'S FREE WILL TO ACT AS THEY WISH, AND ACCEPT THAT PEOPLE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY. MY CRITICISM IS THAT IT WENT AS IF ONE PARTY WOULD HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND THE OTHER WRONG, FOR JUST THE SAKE OF WHO POSTS LOUDER OR LONGER. THAT'S STAMINA, NOT RIGHTFULNESS :D :D :D

P127,

I have mixed feelings about your apology. Why do it in public and not per PM? Why wait for more than 3 days after you made the moron remark? And more importantly, why do you feel the need to address the whole discussion again? To show you were right in the end? It leaves me the impression that your apology is insincere to say the least.

[color:"red"] MY CLAIM ON THIS TOPIC HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO RESPECT EACH OTHER'S FREE WILL TO ACT AS THEY WISH, AND ACCEPT THAT PEOPLE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY. [/color]

You're being hypocritical, P127. You were the first to tell Zenseless that he HAD to inform the guy, in your very first post. To quote you: " [color:"red"] If he has the possibility, he MUST tell the guy. There is no pussy-footing around it. [/color] " Doesn't leave much room for choice, now does it?

After that, you were the one to polarize the discussion by bringing force adjectives in the discussion. to quote you: " [color:"red"] I think it's cowardly when one can make a difference in one life, not to do it. I am sorry to see LP (BB being more Devil's A) be so off-handed about this. Why bother indeed, life is to die ::.[/color] " Calling people cowards when they think it's best not to take action, seems to me someone is claiming moral superiority. :)

Later on you even went so far as to volunteer to actively help inform the guy. So don't come here in the end telling that you took middle ground here, respecting all opinions. Your words show you don't.

[color:"red"] MY CRITICISM IS THAT IT WENT AS IF ONE PARTY WOULD HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND THE OTHER WRONG, FOR JUST THE SAKE OF WHO POSTS LOUDER OR LONGER. THAT'S STAMINA, NOT RIGHTFULNESS [/color]

We actually do agree on this subject. I brought you the DOHR, a speech from the director of Unaids adressing the importance of respecting Human Rights in the fight against HIV/AIDS, a study that showed that coercive partner notification would be counterproductive. When I repeatedly asked you to come up with anything factual that would support your POV you came up emptyhanded, accused me of personal axe grinding and resorted to flames. Funny thing is that now, in the "Why do parents make their daughters be whores"-thread in GD, you ask Romp to come up with facts to support his POV. Talk about being hypocritical :rolleyes:! I am sorry you couldn't be bothered to bring some facts to the table in here. Then we actually might have had a discussion.

Hi,

"Calling people cowards when they think it's best not to take action, seems to me someone is claiming moral superiority."

Calling people vigilantes when they think it's best to take action, seems to me someone is claiming moral superiority.

Anyway, I think is time to close this as I do not see this being resolved any time soon :(

Sanuk!

<<Calling people vigilantes when they think it's best to take action, seems to me someone is claiming moral superiority.>>

No - it's calling them what they are, if people without authority take action that is normally left to authorities in their own hands, that Vigilantism. I respect your right to close the thread, but . . .

DOG

Archived