Slipping into Oblivion

zanemay

I have a love/hate relationship with my country. It is beautiful, so beautiful, and the weather is wonderful. October 11 and it is still warm and perfect. I love California. But when I say that, every European thinks "Arnold!" WTF!!! You're right - we have no dignity whatsoever.

What sets me off right now is another bombing at another resort. This time an Israeli resort in Egypt. Before that Australians in Bali, other Israelis, monks and teachers in Thailand slaughtered with machetes. On and on. We are hunted, tracked, murdered en masse or butchered individually. My culture just accepts it. In fact we invent shit like "hate crimes" so that we can prosecute ourselves. Talk about cutting your balls off and handing them to you on a platter!

When we were attacked by Japan, we had the integrity to defend ourselves. Now we are politically and socially feminized, and have things so nicely intelluctualized that we cannot muster the will we need to fight people who will use any means to destroy us. The trial lawyer slime of our society (our biggest army) invite them into our courts for protection. Now it's not just, "Were you in an accident? Come see us. Our doctors will prove you were injured whether you knew it or not." Now it's "Do you think you may have been the victim of a hate crime? We know you were. Come see us."

It easier to fight among ourselves than fight the enemy. We don't even have the courage to publicly say who the enemy is although it's so obvious. Hell, it's probably hate crime to say it. Every time it's whispered their groups run to the press and scream. "We're so disappointed with your people. They don't seem to be able to understand us. We are peaceful people."

It seems like everyone is expecting someone else to step up and handle the problem.

"They hate us because we're free," we are told. Yes, we're free. Free to ignore the problem, free to sue each other, free to fight among ourselves. Free to slip into oblivion.

Zane May

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simplistic summary of a complex situation. Basically an attempt to implicate all muslims. We were at war with the German and Japanese governments. Al Quaida is a nebulous group of Islamic extremists. Much harder to deal with. Hence the frustration.

Please spare me the standard..."Well what would you do smartass?" response because I haven't got a clue. Stop poking the hornet's nest might be a good start.

This thread won't last long.

chuckwoww said:

Please spare me the standard..."Well what would you do smartass?" response because I haven't got a clue.

We cannot frame a plan within socially acceptable standards. But they have a plan and they work on it every day, have done so for a thousand years. When they set off a nuclear device, maybe we will make a plan too.

This thread was not so much about us v. them

It was about us v. us

ZM

"...they have a plan and they work on it every day, have done so for a thousand years. When they set off a nuclear device, maybe we will make a plan too."

Yeah maybe. Or maybe I'm just not paranoid enough. You seem to be saying we aren't tough enough. Seems like all these knee-jerk reactions just make things worse. Just a question of time before the nukes start a-poppin'. "Bring 'em on" I guess. :)

Let's not forget this one!!

WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

What should we do?

Maybe we should never have got involved.

Every day there are news reports about more deaths. Every night on the TV are photos of death and destruction. Why are we still there?

We occupied this land, which we had to take by force, but it causes us nothing but trouble. Why are we still there?

Their government is unstable, and they have no leadership. Why are we still there?

Many of their people are uncivilized. Why are we still there?

There are more than 1000 religious sects, which we don't understand. Why are we still there?

We can't even secure the borders. Why are we still there?

They are billions of dollars in debt and it will cost billions more to rebuild, which we can't afford. Why are we still there?

It is becoming clear...............

WE MUST ABANDON CALIFORNIA!

Cheers!!

Archived