Is it Really Worth Making a Trip to Bangkok Now?

This is demonstrably wrong for a very simple reason: I posted very little about the nightlife in the beginning. My earlier posts probably seemed negative, were pessimistic, and led to some very contentious arguments, but they were not about changes in the nightlife. They were about the then new government (the one now), and what I thought of its policies and where it was taking the country. I agree, I think you have been posting on other aspects of Thai society than nightlife - business, why its better for foreign companies to go for farang employees in leading positions, Thai economies etc.

Its been negative posts about Thailand, I disagree with many of your points but you ain't been hanging out only in nitelife forum.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?The early closing times should blow out the financial resources of the present bar owners and their managers. After that, when the nightlife spots are bankcrupt, then the Government will re-open the night spots under the new ownership from "good friends". After a short while, the early closing times will change back to 3 .a.m.?

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. I agree that eventually the Government will roll back the closing hours to 2 am or so once they finally achieve their objectives. And, I also agree that their main objective appears to be to run the farang P4P nightlife spots out of business. I think they will continue to ratchet down operating hours and do whatever else it takes to accomplish this. But where I beg to differ is once the places like NEP and Cowboy are out of business they won?t be coming back. All they are likely to see coming is a wrecking ball.:cover:

ST

short-time said:

”The early closing times should blow out the financial resources of the present bar owners and their managers. After that, when the nightlife spots are bankcrupt, then the Government will re-open the night spots under the new ownership from "good friends". After a short while, the early closing times will change back to 3 .a.m.”

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. I agree that eventually the Government will roll back the closing hours to 2 am or so once they finally achieve their objectives. And, I also agree that their main objective appears to be to run the farang P4P nightlife spots out of business. I think they will continue to ratchet down operating hours and do whatever else it takes to accomplish this. But where I beg to differ is once the places like NEP and Cowboy are out of business they won’t be coming back. All they are likely to see coming is a wrecking ball.:cover:

-----

yes, it's just a these, but ...hmh... we will see. something like that i heard

also about the "War Against Drugs".

I agree, I think you have been posting on other aspects of Thai society than nightlife - business, why its better for foreign companies to go for farang employees in leading positions, Thai economies etc.

Its been negative posts about Thailand, I disagree with many of your points but you ain't been hanging out only in nitelife forum.

Well we agree that I have been posting about other aspects of Thailand.

I will keep this short, but my posts were not negative "about Thailand", but I was and have been critical of various policies of the current government. I am not the only one. My posts do tend to emphasize economic issues (it is an area where I am quite comfortable).

But I have not said that "its better for foreign companies to go for farang employees in leading positions." I did say that companies (foreign and domestic) should have the freedom - without the restriction of unreasonable work permit laws - to choose for themselves whom they think is best qualified for a position. I also pointed out that if a company consistently chooses a more expensive farangs when less expensive Thai employees are available, the market will quickly correct matters - that company will soon go out of business because it will be undercut by more effecient competitors. I hope members here understand that this is not the same as saying that "its better for foreign companies to go for farang employees in leading positions."

Now getting back to Thailand's nightlife and the issue of freedom of choice - something I obviously value tremendously - if current rules and regulations deny choices to tourists, will they return?

What makes you think the governments main objective is closing down the farang P4P business? Patpong is inside the proposed entertainment zone, and it is most definately caters to farangs. The current rules are being enforced on ALL businesses and areas, not just those that are farang orientated.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. I agree that eventually the Government will roll back the closing hours to 2 am or so once they finally achieve their objectives. And, I also agree that their main objective appears to be to run the farang P4P nightlife spots out of business. I think they will continue to ratchet down operating hours and do whatever else it takes to accomplish this. But where I beg to differ is once the places like NEP and Cowboy are out of business they won?t be coming back. All they are likely to see coming is a wrecking ball.:cover:

ST

i really doubt that. thailand's economy is so depending on tourism. and a couple of international media reports about tourists walking around and get arrested with ridiculous charges! and how could the police differentiate between farangs looking for sex and other tourists as they stay in the same area....

"and how could the police differentiate between farangs looking for sex and other tourists as they stay in the same area.... "

about the same way they do in the United States. Not very difficult to do.

Well I think that the sex tourists will stop coming as Bangkok becomes more boring.

There won't be any need to arrest them because they will have moved on.

Heck no showing and early closing....if you are a sex tourist why bother coming to Thailand when you can go to plenty of other countries that have cheap pussy that stay open later...

Archived