The shirt design

khunsanuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khun Sanuk,

I like the crest and the cryptic (for Thais anyway Latin), but as someone else stated why not have a non-verbal motif like nanapong's lizard. Some of us have reputaions to uphold, working at schools and universities for instance. I for one would not be happy striding out of my village with the legend "Nanaplaza.com" on a shirt........ May as well wear a shirt with "I'm off to shag an Issan honey now"

I also agree the shirt should have a collar and be made of 100% cotton. Yellow would be nice!!!!! A sewn patch sounds good too!

Sick idea.

The wish to have some kind of uniform clothing, like police, military, security guards and other people who want to gain any status from the visuals of the group they belong to, must have his cause in a deep rooted defect in some personality issue. Brand recognition on normal clothing gives already an indication of lifestyle, what for christ sake would be the added value of being recognised as a sanuker? Somehing like "Yes, I (have to) fly 8.000 miles around the world in order to get laid". Congratulations!

Pardon my ignorance. Veni, Vidi I understand. What is Pensi?

As for the t-shirt, I agree it should be a collar rather than buttoned crew neck, and no pocket - they just don't look good on short-sleeved shirts.

I don't think you need to worry about what workmates etc think of it. Here's a tip - wear another shirt to work! I imagine this is for bar-hopping, both to recognise each other, and also as advertising - these shirts will no doubt lead to more board contributors.

Originally posted by seeker:

"Pardon my ignorance. Veni, Vidi I understand. What is Pensi?"

Those buffalo heads can't even spell "penis" properly ... Eh, come to think of think, I think "pensi" is Latin for "I thought". Or something like that.

Which brings me to another possible lofty Latin slogan, "Nihil pensi habeo", loosely to be translated as "I don't give a shit about anything".

Hi,

As expected, everybody has there own preference smile.gif" border="0

What is also very clear from this that I will never be able to please everybody, so I won't try. I will obviously listen to the comments you have made (and probably will make), but don't expect I will implement all of them. If I did everybody would have a different shirt smile.gif" border="0

OK, some replies...

Stickman said:

"To me, that image (and it may look different when completed) does nopt convey an image of fun nor, and most importantly, the spirit of this board."

OK, so what would do that?

Nickkbh said:

"Just add a blue collar with a small white stripe on the edge,and i'll put in an order"

The blue collar is planned, but I didn't know how to draw it smile.gif" border="0

"Be sure to make it in pure cotton."

Not sure what cloth will be used, but you can be sure the quality will be good. Selling a shirt that falls apart after being washed twice is not good for the image of this board.

spirit_of_town_hall asked:

"When do you think these garments will be on sale for, and where will they be retailing."

I will try to go check out a couple of shops over the weekend, so I don't know when they will be available until after I check with them. As for where they will be retailing, not sure yet. I am fairly certain Woodstock would not mind selling them, and we may offer them through mailorder from the States (not certain, we would love to find a re-mailer (sorry forgot the word, one of those companies that stock your stuff and mail it to customers when requested))

luckyfarang said:

"Why not produce the logo in a "patch" form as well as a shirt"

Interesting idea. Let me look into this.

jack22jack said:

"-Golf shirt with collar

-No pocket"

The collar is intended, the pocket stays though.

"2 available colors:

-White with blue thin stripe on sleeves and collar

-Blue with thin white stripe on sleeves and collar"

Like the alternative color option. I'll ask.

monochrome man asked:

"Nanapong have a recognised logo - the gecko thing - where's ours?"

I would love to have a logo for this site, but I am lousy when it comes to drawing. So, if you have any suggested logo design, please feel free to send in.

Sarisin:

I'll make one specail one for you. I will get a jumbo-sized one, have Crazy Man wear it for a few days, will then have Adventure Man have a brown explosion on it. This should take of the smell.

I will also add a big 'Kick me' sign to the back, as well as 423 pockets for your toys.

Brink15 said:

"I came, I saw, I banged it."

I think it reads "I came, I saw, I paid.", well at least that is what Db said it means. I don't speak Latin, so don't really have a clue.

Sanuk!

Archived