The shirt design

khunsanuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First you have to decide the purpose of the logo. If it's mainly so sanukers can recognize each other, no text (ie nanaplaza.com) is needed. Just decide on an arbitrary graphic. I can't even draw stickmen, so bad am I at art, but that doesn't matter. My favourite rock band (Down By Law) use an item from the Japanese alphabet as their logo. In fact I bought their first 4 LP's before I realised the logo wasn't their own design. You can choose any simple, graphic. If the purpose of the logo is to advertise the board maybe the text IS necessary. Bear in mind, though, that some board members may want discretion. Personally, I've never hidden my hobby. I'm 100% in the open about it. It don't affect my lifestyle. Not everyone is in the same situation, though. And I may not be in the future when I change career. I may regret my open-ness. Do you want strangers - Thai or Falang - asking, "What's nanaplaza?" Before you answer, remember this is a public access board so they can always look it up. I wouldn't want to be limited to wearing my shirt in sex establishments. Add a non-text graphic to the board with nanaplaza.com below it. Put only the graphic on the shirt. Members will recognise each other and can clue others in as they feel comfortable.

If we are going to go with a simple mascot, then my first choice would, indeed, be a DB-style water buffalo. My distant second choice would be the obligatory frog, and third choice would be an elephant with an erect trunk. tongue.gif" border="0

I'll consider being the distribution point in the US, if needed. I just don't really know how much work it would be. It shouldn't be a big deal for me to mail out 50 packages, but I wouldn't want to hassle with 350. smile.gif" border="0

Hi,

Monochrome man asked:

"First you have to decide the purpose of the logo. If it's mainly so sanukers can recognize each other, no text (ie nanaplaza.com) is needed."

I will be honest with you and tell you that this is not my (sole) reason for doing the shirts. Sure the shirts will be helpful in letting members recognize each other, but if I am to make shirts I might as well stick a little bit of advertisement on it.

After all, I will be fronting the cash for making them.

Sanuk!

KS,

Don't front the money. Take paid orders, and then have the shirts made. We don't care if we have to wait three weeks to receive our shirts, after paying. You're good for the money, and we know the hangouts where you can be found. tongue.gif" border="0

Is it too late to offer a design suggestion? What about a t-shirt with a buttefly(red and white stiped wings of course)with an enormous cock drinking a beer.Its got the 3 main elements of a true sanuker. Aw come on.Since my 4th wife left me I take rejection very hard.

Hi,

db, we are not making the shirts to make a big profit. As my partner said, we are not in the shirt business.

The goal is to break even, and hopefully make a little to cover time spend.

Sanuk!

PS Whether you wear it or not, you will get a free one anyway for the work you have done on the design.

Archived