Gentleman's club in Pattaya

torrenova

If I floated the idea of a Gentleman's club in Pattaya, what would you think ?

Very simply, something upmarket, perhaps with membership etc. Think chesterfield armchairs, newspapers, chess, no loud music, good food, top line hostesses etc. Somewhere to escape.

Of course, refinement would not come cheap but needn't cost the earth.

I have some information from the expat community but wondered if the tourists amongst you would take to such an idea ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What have you been smoking? When I visit Pattaya the armchairs facing the cutouts in the BJ bars seem plenty relaxing to me and offer the quality escape I?m looking for.:grinyes: And as for playing chess in Pattaya... surely most visitors who travel halfway around the world to get there are looking for a better game than this, anyone for connect four? Bottom line is it won't fly.:down:

ST

torrenova said:

If I floated the idea of a Gentleman's club in Pattaya, what would you think ?...<snip>..

Ah, such a club would last only as long as the owner was shoveling money into it, to keep the doors open!

Now, a Pattaya branch of 'Eden' might do quite well, with or without the yellow line! Of course, to succeed, the manager would need some people skills, such as Marc has.

Dont think it would work in Pattaya but if you are looking for an idea of a surefire winner, open a decent pub (something like Shenanagins) (Spelling ??), as a clean business with no girls BUT focused on food out by the resevoir making sure its air conditioned inside. Nothing like that is available and what is their is taking big bucks from a 100% regular crowd and nobody is doing it well. Just heard a whisper that the only half decent place out by the resevoir just sold for 13,000,000 baht and their food portions are fit for sparrows only.

Cheers

on a serious note, Torrenova, this might be a interesting business idea for the expat community, in particular expats working in industrial parks from Laem Chabang, Eastern Seabord down to Rayong, who probably do not want to hook up with the tourist sex scene in Pattaya. therefore the club would have to differentiate itself clearly from the usual beer bar/gogo scene areawise and stylewise. maybe even the one or other tourist or visitor from Bangkok could be interested once get bored from the usual scene if the membership access is handled flexible.

SingaporeSteve said:

Dont think it would work in Pattaya but if you are looking for an idea of a surefire winner, open a decent pub (something like Shenanagins) (Spelling ??), as a clean business with no girls BUT focused on food out by the resevoir making sure its air conditioned inside. Nothing like that is available and what is their is taking big bucks from a 100% regular crowd and nobody is doing it well. Just heard a whisper that the only half decent place out by the resevoir just sold for 13,000,000 baht and their food portions are fit for sparrows only.

Cheers

Maybe Steve but food is a make or break business. Get it wrong and you're fucked. Even when you have the right idea, getting the staff at the right rates is bloody hard. I know, I have some interest in a food venture in Pattaya.

Start ups need loads invested in fixed assets and you've got a long lead in time until you reach peak operating volumes. Until then you are haemorrhaging cash. An idea for the back burner though nevertheless. Cheers

Archived