Hmong man opens fire in USA, 6 dead

MaiLuk

Guest lazyphil

<<don't underestimate the hunters understanding of the ecology of their hunting grounds>>

Yes you're proberbly right, but can some one tell me how one can assertain the populations of shy elussive animals in US States like Minnesota that border massive wilderness areas of Canada, I will believe you it can be done but how?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

Road accidents involving animals is a problem her too. Not so much deers as most of them are roe deers that are to small to seriously fuck up a car. Moose on the other hand are big enough to totally demolish a car and a number of people are killed every year when crashing into a moose.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

but can some one tell me how one can assertain the populations of shy elussive animals in US States like Minnesota that border massive wilderness areas of Canada,

I don't know how they do it over there but the inner parts of northern Sweden are sparsely populated and in many ways similar to northern Canada. Animals are tracked with snowmobiles and counted from helicopters and airplanes. Rare animals like wolves and wolverines are tracked on an individual basis while large population like moose are estimated over an area. I wolud suspect that similar methods are used "over there".

regards

ALHOLK

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

That doersn't seem to be a very good deal considering that many Germans are prepared to pay big money for a weeks hunting in Swedne.

regards

ALHOLK

when you buy a week hunting in sweden, you buy the right to shoot some nice trophy like a moose.

when you take over a hunt in germany you'll have to deal with all the little shit, like shooting rabbits, foxes. not really the things you gonna stuff up and hang on your wall. ;)

>>>use a single shot gun is noble like using thin line but a unclean hit on a leg etc means you waste time reloading while the deer gets away injured....a semi gives you a chance to down the creature.<<<

rarely. dunno if you have ever been at a hunt. the sight is at best not very good, and if you are such a lousy shot and miss on the first, wildly firing around won't do any good as the animal is gone already.

there is a reason why experienced hunters do use particular weapons for whatever game they are hunting. and i have *never* met one who is even considering using semi automatics.

This site is pretty extensive. Its the Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources. It has all the rules and regulations. I skimmed through it and its very extensive. All hunters are required to have some training it appears, they have to have what is called a Hunter Education Certificate. There is also a restriction on what kind of firearm you can hunt with. They list areas of the deer's body to kill and all that. I looked up Deer Hunting specifically and it said this about private property: Trespassing: Individuals entering a landowner's property without the consent of the landowner are trespassing and can be fined up to $1,000. Landowners suspecting that individuals are trespassing on their property should contact their local Sheriff or other local law enforcement. Note: Conservation wardens do not have the authority to investigate trespassing complaints

The owner of the property should have called the authorities. The trespasser's hunting license tag was visible and all they had to do was write it down and call the authorities. Its word against word if they abused him with racial comments. A court of law and a jury will have to determine that.

Just common sense to me but I would be very hesitant to argue with someone who has a gun. Even if I have one as well. Nothing good can come out of it if emotions run high. I've been hunting only a few times but from what I gather, when we meet other hunters its always congenial and pleasant. If you come across a couple hunters duck hunting, you respect their area and move on. So this incident is very surprising.

In the states, as I said before, we have a law that protects animals that are in danger of being extinct. There is also an agency whose purpose is conservation of nature.

Unfortunately other areas of the world and other countries don't have such laws. Look at Brzil and its rainforest and the area Fly noted. There is an extensive national and state park system in the states.

The whole matter though seems a very unfortunate accident.

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

The tongue is the tastiest part of a caribou.

How about the heart. We don't have caribou her but smooked reinder or moose heart tastes great.

regards

ALHOLK

I'll have to try that!

I've just been using the hearts in a special batch of burger I grind up. Very tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmong residents have reported receiving threatening letters and being taunted with ethnic slurs. At a community prayer service in Rice Lake, the area where the six slain hunters lived, one woman said she saw a bumper sticker that read: "Save a deer, shoot a Hmong.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news...

[Edited URL description - KS]

Archived