Are GTGS a waste of time for us guys?

walletss

Have you guys ever labored over this?

You are single and know yourself well enough to realise you are better off that way.

You are a regular P4P participator and enjoy the bar scene.

At the same time you can?t seem to stop yourself forming more genuine relationships with nice decent Thai women that come into your life from time to time.

You form a relationship with a GTG and you can?t help yourself, you are captivated.

You start dating, swapping emails every day and your new gf thinks you are the prince who is going to change her life into a fairytale.

You play up the good guy prince charming image and play down the sleazy lounge lizard profile.

Deep down you know. You know you a lone wolf that has always returned to his old ways. You know that is what brings you back to Thailand time after time.

You start to think of all the responsibility you will have to assume to make the relationship work. Too many hurdles for you.

You know you will never be the type who will commit to settling down.

Do you ever feel guilty?

Do you ever feel bad about wasting some GTGs time and letting her clock tick down when she is looking for a guy to spend her life with?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply...No they are not a waste of time!

To thine own self be true...not to others but to yourself! I like girls. P4P girls rock cause mainly you know what you will get and what to expect. They serve their purpose, "To get your rocks off"-KS! GTG or really TG non P4P girls...serve the purpose in the heart department.

(Not to say you cann't fall for a p4p girl...I have! Mainly, I see this relationship as fleeting, unless you fully comprehend her job and realize she is fucking other men...even then it really still is. I didn't have a problem with this...when dating one...it just seldom lasts long.)

If you set objects in your path that prevent movement...then yes your right...life would never be worth living if we looked at all things this way! It's never a good idea to act as the "God" peering down on all of life deciding which way to act based on the final outcome! It might change, you might change your ways, you might still slip but if you desire something different, go for it! My core is a whoremonger... But that doesn't prevent me from having kids, a wife, family to love and a life. It just means I spend money on vices...we all have them!

SB

Interesting subject, I lost much of my interest in the bar scene a while back when I discovered the pleasure of dating outside of the P4P scene, although payment often takes a different form.

I never regard myself as wasting my time as I know there is a limitless supply of students/shop girls/office secs who will fall for the irresistable/irresponsible charms of an affluent farang.

But I have decided that deflowering virgins is more bother than its worth as marriage seems to be the immediate expectation and the trauma of the breakups caused even me to have serious guilt pangs.

It seems I am more of a waste of time to them and generally the guilt lasts only as long as it takes to meet the next lovely.

JP

Good post Walletss.

I think i fit this mould perfectly.

You should really stick to P4P and not waste the GTGs time but you see you never know you might actually fall for one and change your ways.

It's a tough one but on balance if you are this type of guy maybe you should stick with the P4P scene or find women who just want to have a good ole time with little or no commitment.

I have commitment phobia myself but i do like the idea of a permanent woman but cannot bring myself to take the plunge.

The fact that i have been married before and have lived with a few women over the years makes me a little reticent to get hitched up again. There are obvious benefits but the thing is once you live with someone for a little while you want to go out and shag other women no matter how good your current one is. These days i am of the view that if you are not going to have kids with a woman you are better off seeing each other but not living together. That seems to preserve the mystery and lengthen the relationship.

The grass is always greener.......

The answer to this question will range from your pure addiction and preference to which scene you prefer and your degree of involvement....

I spend about a 90% - 10% of my time with GTGs to BGs so this questions becomes irrelavent.

If should only come into question when you are consumed with the bar scene and start to have withdrawals when you go without....

If you are spending small amounts of time/effort with GTGs and your primary focus is the bar scene, then I would say why bother? You are much more likely to slip up, get caught, get yourself in sticky situations and for the most part you probably enjoy BGs much more than GTGs anway.

Some guys are just better suited for one scene over the other and some guys can manage both scenes given a proper mix, discretion, tactfulness and a certain understanding..

The beauty of the two scenes is that the purpose, objectives and characters are different so they really aren't competing against each other other than for how you wish to spend your time..

I see them as mutually exclusive which is an appealing factor for both....

Cardinalblue

you will never be the type who will commit to settling down.

--------------------------

We touched upon this a few days ago, and actually, i just was told this past week-end that "so and so" (one a former P4Paddict, valuable nightlife informer on this very board) have reformed and now living the married life.

I think you are talking here to very, very few on this board (even JJS does not fit the P4P addict profile). Again, most guys might play hard, and butterfly a round as if there's no tomorrow, but eventually they'll find the one. Just courting a GTG (unless dates based on sex) means the guy likes to play straight lover.

Know yourself, that's the name of the game. Congrats to those who found out there is more to life in Thailand than being a LOSperado, pulling down you pants, trip after trip, year after year, crackdowns after crackdowns.

>>>>Do you ever feel bad about wasting some GTGs time and letting her clock tick down when she is looking for a guy to spend her life with?<<<<

That is the whole thing. Be honest, and know what you want. It's not nice to play any girl along. Just as you would not like them do to you. I've found that Thai girl's can have very big hearts. Enormous, in fact.

But you have to be reciprocal with yours. And I think why have so many unsuccessful relationships. It almost unbelievable how much a thai girl will give of herself to you. But you had better be prepared to give back, in like kind.

If not, you are doomed. There is a payback for that loyalty, trust, and caring you get. It doesn't come free. The cost is giving your heart. All of it. And unless you are willing/able to do so, don't even think about it.

They know.

HT

Archived