am I a 'troll'?

thai3

I posted an open question in another section asking if the new moderator of that section, and three others was really qualified to do a good job having only been on the board a few months in which time almost no posts had been made by him.Instead of a reply he sent me a PM telling me he had deleted it due to it being a 'troll', is this to mean moderators are off topic? I see I now can neither reply to him or send another PM, strange behaviour I think-peter

Thai3,

Here is the definition of a troll:

-------------------

"Trolls; Trolls will NOT be tolerated.

Definition of a troll; A troll is someone who starts a thread, or makes a post, in the hope that it will incite an explosive response from its readers. Often a troll will post untrue information to accomplish his/her goal of disrupting the board."

------------------

Your information that the Board Moderator hasn't enough experience to moderate the forum was untrue, erroneous, and seen as a deliberate troll to incite a negative or "explosive" response from the forum readers. It is seen as a troll. New mod positions and accounts started recently will show low numbers of posts. These numbers have little to do with the Moderator's time and experience here on the board. Your post was also completely off topic for the forum it was posted in, Arts and Culture. Therefore your post was deleted per the Board Rules.

Another rule of this board is posted below. Once again as stated in your recent PM please read the board rules and post accordingly, following the rules stated.

--------------------------------

"Moderator decisions

The Board Moderator's decision is final. It is not to be questioned openly on the board. If you have issues concerning validity of the moderator's actions, then feel free to PM the Board Moderator with your concerns. Failure to immediately comply with the Board Moderator's request could result in your termination from this board.

The Board Moderator may be easily contacted by clicking on the far-right 'Notify Moderator' icon that exists at the bottom of every post's Post Extras section.

In the event you do not receive adequite resolution to your complaint, through the Board Moderators, you should then, as a final resort, free to contact the board owner, at sanuk@nanaplaza.com."

---------------------------------------

I do hope this clarifies this matter. If you have any more questions on this matter please contact Khun Sanuk at sanuk@nanaplaza.com.

The Board Moderator

Hi Peter,

It's easy to PM a mod, as stsated in the reply to you, go to the bottom of the page and click on moderator, than click on send PM.

Only problem you may have is that the mods have numbers, so yuo may PM # 8 although you probably don't know if that's the mod that PMed you in the first place.

Archived