any news on Bernard Trink

keith doug

It's funny. I do not care where it comes from -- that column is where I see it first. And after reading a newspaper with it's generally depressing news, I need a laugh.

I admit it was more original when it first came out. But it's still funny.

Trinks later years stuff was never funny. Just pathetic. Especially to those of us who had been reading him for years.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

elef,

** sorry but SD is correct. More than 95 % of Trinks articles the last years were just crap **

That's what I wanted to say , and on a lucky Friday you might have come across Thaksin digging for the Japanese war treasure in Kanchanaburi , what a great start into the day just reading the Post.

BuBi

PS : In case my post has been misunderstandable : I do of course LOVE suadum .

I'm a subscriber (paying) to Trink's internet column. It is an utter waste of money. I mailed him a couple of weeks ago to ask him to write more about what's happening in Bangkok with a focus on the nightlife. He didn't answer nor did he change his ways. He hardly writes about the nightlife anymore. This weeks column has ZERO words about the nightlife! Maybe he behaves because he wants to go back to the Post :angel:

Oh well....(TIT).

I agree, very little on nightlife - don't understand why he can't write more now than the restraints of the BKPost have been lifted - even if he spent half the column remincising on nightlife times gone by it would be more interesting than his endless lists of gibberish! His book reviews in the Post are okay so his mind is prob still working okay even if his body is f..ked

I too subscribed and as someone else here has pointed out it is a total waste of money. Just about all he "prints" are the same old lists of quotes and funny puns that people have been sending me by e-mail for years.

I've written twice. The first time trying to be polite and saying how I missed the nightlife information. The second time I just asked for my money back. Never received a reply to either one. I wish the man well, but like many things in the land of smiles, scams, lies, and copies, his "product" is of "questionable quality."

Khun_Kong said:Sometimes my mind tries to emerge from the fog- is your handle from the J. Nicholson character in...? (can't remember)
You thinking Jake Gittes in Chinatown (and the sequal The Two Jakes)? How can you forget Chinatown????? Freakin' awsome movie!!!

Cheers,

SD

Archived