Farang on Suk Soi 19 on his last legs

MaiLuk

Just sat down to eat on the sidewalk at 11am and 10 meters away was the sorriest looking farang I've seen in a long long time. He was looking half comatose laying in the dirt half way between Robinsons and Honey Hotel. Thais and farang alike all did a big double take as they walked by.

He had a piece of cardboard to lay on but was too messed up to do so and was in the dirt tho its more like a brick stoop then dirt. He was keeping his head off the ground as he lay there and seemed to have the shakes because his head was bobbing. In his hand he had crumpled up 100 baht notes and would periodically and unsuccessfully try to put them in his pocket, all the while with eyes closed. His legs and arms and face covered in dirt.

A thai girl walked over to him and seemed to try to tell him to put his head on the cardboard but he is not going to move. She stood there for a few minutes when I finished eating and walked over. I yelled at the guy "Whats your name" no response. There were some more 100 baht notes laying next to him.

The girl apparently has been involved before i sat down to eat and she filled me in. He is from england, has a wife in thailand for five years (up north?), he is drunk, and the girl gave him 500 baht cause he has no money and the cardboard to lay his head because the ground is hot. He had told her he has no family anywhere.

Well if this guy has a friend anywhere he could sure use him/her now. He has a faded tattoo on his left forearm. Normally would not post about it but maybe someone who knows him can help if the mod does not like it then delete. It looks like a bird in flight but could be some mythical flying creature and thru the grime I could see that it has the color green in it. I would say the guy is somewhere between forty and forty-five but could be off on that one.

He seems reasonably well nourished, I would say whatever ordeal he has had just started recently. His hair is shaved close to the scalp so not sure but looks blond with gray.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad.

I know of one falang, who retired early and came to Thailand where he married a beautiful Thai lady. He had the best of 2 worlds. He lived in Thailand for one year.

Eventually the 10 big bottles of beer complemented with Thai whiskey got the best of him. His daughter and brother came from the US and took him back home. Even though this happened several years ago, he has spent all of his time since then in a nursing home. He now wears diapers and thinks he is a boy again. Sad.

Guest lazyphil

Did he have a pet dog with him?--most down and outs in uk towns have a complementary Lurcher in tow with them ::?.at least the dossers in my hometown are in small groups of 3 or 4, this man sounds very lonely among millions, packing him off to the British (or wherever) embassy is the humane thing to do as said already.

"Well.... fiery jack hasn't been posting much recently.... "

Oh, you are such a cruel guy ::

Do some women drive Farangs to drink, or is there some characteristic that causes some people to both gravitate toward these women and to drink? It may be some kind of drive toward self-destruction, or maybe a sense of fun. Which is it ?:: ::

Archived