UBC 2000B Platinum?

Palatkik

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, actually there are some pretty good movie channels being added. But I'm with you, Gold is way too expensive already and no way I'll fork out extra baht for any extras. The interesting thing is the Silver package is getting the new platinum channels added to it. So you could now drop Gold and go Silver. Here's what is in the packages:

http://www.ubctv.com/new_channel/ubc_repackages.html

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Anybody know which those 10 extra channels are?

Not really interested (find the gold package already too expensive, and the silver package is useless), just curious.

Sanuk!

From the website:

UBC Platinum is our most comprehensive program package. With UBC Platinum, you get 41 channels all day, everyday -the 31 channels included in UBC Gold (HBO, Cinemax, 6 Sports channels, MTV, CNN and more), PLUS: 6 Classic Movie channels (see detailed description below), a special Encore Channel featuring hourly encore presentations of regular Thai Channel 3, the Channel Channel, showing whats on the non-Channel Channel channels, the Chunnel Channel, with a live, real-time simulcast from England's Tower Bridge by a webcam pointed mostly in the direction of France and one channel devoted entirely to the first 24-hour ASEAN static cam, broadcasting, well, static. In addition, you get crystal clear reception of all the free mandatory government channels. The Platinum Package is only 2,012.97 baht per month, VAT included (equipment rental fee, 155.15 baht per month, batteries and drinks excluded). You can receive NHK from Japan by paying an additional fee. You can remove NHK from Japan by paying two additional fees. For detailed descriptions of each channel and program highlights for this month, see What's On and the following:

Details for Classic Movies Channels: Each month, we will feature never seen by us before screenings of your favorite classics. Yes, we've blown the dust off these deep archive films for your viewing pleasure. We think you will enjoy these so much that each film will rotate between the 6 channels, guarateeing that you will never miss an opportunity to indulge. And, we promise to never offer more than 1 title per day, broadcast on all 6 channels, thus cutting down on costly decision making by you. Note: what may at first be perceived as intermittent signal is simply our ASEAN Editing in action, guaranteeing that you will be spared bad words, images of cigarettes, liquor, beer, guns, knives, Thai breasts and other harmful visuals. But- rest assured, there will be enough gushing red blood, dead black bodies and live white tit to satisfy any Thai teenager's desires.

Which is exactly what its all about, with the lower US$, their content prices are ccheaper, they put UP the prices becuase of a rising dollar if you remember, rather than put them DOWN, they are going after a larger number of lower paying customers in an effort to boost ther Sub numbers, which are dismal

DOG

Neo said:

Yeah, actually there are some pretty good movie channels being added. But I'm with you, Gold is way too expensive already and no way I'll fork out extra baht for any extras. The interesting thing is the Silver package is getting the new platinum channels added to it. So you could now drop Gold and go Silver. Here's what is in the packages:

http://www.ubctv.com/new_channel/ubc_repackages.html

Does not work for me, get red x

what's in the silver package? how much?

People around here pay 1600 baht/month

Archived