Valentine Gift for a Thai Gal

MisterBlonde

Met a very nice uni-gal a couple of weeks ago in Bkk,went out on a few dates and have been in regular contact since....just wondering what an appropiate gift would be for Valentine's day,what do they expect,what do they like? perfume,flowers,a stuffed kangeroo with a few thousand baht in the pouch....i'm back in OZ now so i'll be posting it over.

cheers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

It really doesn't matter. I can't think of anything really specific towards Thai girls. Just like girls from anywhere, they will appreciate whatever you decide. Candy, flowers, teddy bear........a new motorola Razr cell phone :grinyes:

Although, the "stuffed kangeroo with a few thousand baht in the pouch...." is probably your best bet. :up: ::

And one thing that she will really appreciate....... is a well thought-out online greeting card, with your thoughts about her, dropped into her email. Will win you many 'brownie points' around her office/school/friends. Just trust me with this. :D

Will bring her 'face' maak maak ;)

HT

Another idea, coming from the source. :idea:

My tirak just sent me a CD, done in a 'Power Point' presentation, and is a collection of our pics together. She put together to show at our Thai engagement party, but only attempt if you have a lot of spare time at the office...it must have taken her forever to do.

I realize you just meet this girl, but maybe something for the back-burner, to be used later on. I was sure impressed, and I imagine any Thai girl would go crazy over something like this. They all love pics. ;)

HT

My missus won't let me buy her perfume or shoes. These are big no-nos as she said they are bad luck for our relationship. I'm not suggesting all Thai women share the same superstitions but some so. Shoes apparently have something to do with running away; I have no idea what the deal is with perfume.

My missus loves a roses and chocolates which are pretty tradional for Valentines.

jxxxl said:

Shoes apparently have something to do with running away; I have no idea what the deal is with perfume.

My mother-in-law threw a fit when I bought new shoes for the wife. She blamed my wife though. It seems that I can do no wrong in her eyes. :D

My wife also said the same thing about perfume after I bought some she wanted. She said never again. I think her mom said something about that too. I have no idea what the deal is with that either.

jxxxl said:My missus won't let me buy her perfume or shoes. These are big no-nos as she said they are bad luck for our relationship. I'm not suggesting all Thai women share the same superstitions but some so. Shoes apparently have something to do with running away; I have no idea what the deal is with perfume.
I have not heard that, but I think that perfume is considered a very personal gift. My mother-in-law (and another older Thai lady who is like my mother) would always give me 1 baht in exchange for the perfume so it was not a gift!

Wifey has no such silly thoughts -- the more Eliz. Arden 5th Ave, Nina Ricci L'air du Temps, JP Gaultier Fragile and Chanel #5* she has, the happier she is LOL! No other scents make the cut so I do not even try others. Luckily those are readily available. I remember the drama when one of her favs was discontinued a few years back :doah:

Cheers,

SD

* - tho' she has three bottles of the stuff, she won't hardly ever use it because "it's too expensive". :dunno::doah: I have been married for long enough that there is no use trying to figure out that logic or argue about it :D .

suadum said:
jxxxl said:My missus won't let me buy her perfume or shoes. These are big no-nos as she said they are bad luck for our relationship. I'm not suggesting all Thai women share the same superstitions but some so. Shoes apparently have something to do with running away; I have no idea what the deal is with perfume.
I have not heard that, but I think that perfume is considered a very personal gift. My mother-in-law (and another older Thai lady who is like my mother) would always give me 1 baht in exchange for the perfume so it was not a gift!

Wifey has no such silly thoughts -- the more Eliz. Arden 5th Ave, Nina Ricci L'air du Temps, JP Gaultier Fragile and Chanel #5* she has, the happier she is LOL! No other scents make the cut so I do not even try others. Luckily those are readily available. I remember the drama when one of her favs was discontinued a few years back :doah:

Cheers,

SD

* - tho' she has three bottles of the stuff, she won't hardly ever use it because "it's too expensive". :dunno::doah: I have been married for long enough that there is no use trying to figure out that logic or argue about it :D .

My missus LOVES perfume and I have a hard time understanding why she needs so many different types.

I was not entirely accurate when I said I couldn't buy her perfume. When we are out shopping and she wants to buy some, she will ask me for some money and say "this is not for perfume na"; JXXL: "ok honey". Then she buys the perfume for herself :) Same is the case for shoes.

Now the process of buying shoes and perfume described above is OK, but if I were to give either to her as a gift, I would get scolded. ::

The one thing I can say about Valentines is don't show up empty handed. I fucked up two years ago and played golf on V-day. I forgot to book dinner and didn't buy flowers:doah:. I just thought a romantic dinner at home with JXXXL's undivided attention :grinyes:would be good enough. That was the closet I came to being separated from JXXXL Jr. :cover:

Archived