Do you stop?

khunsanuk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always stand at the movies, generally follow the crowd when out and about at the appropriate times but ....... as for this respect and devotion to the man and his family, I'm not so sure anymore.

I've been reading some VERY interesting articles lifted from manusaya.com which is completely blocked here and they have certainly made me think. Does anyone have any idea how to access that site in Thailand or perhaps another site where they might be reposted?

Zaad said:

Hi Half Dutchie,

Unless your exit is surrounded by a wall of people. :)

Anyway, welcome to the board.

:beer:

You got a point there... lol anyway lets hit da beer... AHahh Cheers!! :beer:

LG,

I too have heard some things that make me unsure of the greatness of a certain man and his family. Some are rumors, but some are undeniably true. It's a shame that this is not truly a free country so we could talk about them.

Many of us here grill Thakin because he buys up the tv stations, forces foriegn journalists out, and pressures the domestic media so that nobody can read or hear anything bad about him. Because of this, he is extremely popular amongst many Thai's who simply don't know about the other side of the story. But Thaksin isn't the only one with this advantage, now, is he.

Dave,

I've heard and read the rumors and other stuff. (It's actually talked about quite a bit among the Thais themselves, but always in private where others/outsiders can't overhear.) Most seems to revolve more around his family rather than the man himself. Although there have been some stories about him as well.

Cent

KS,

Yeah, that's why I tried to word this as innocuously and carefully as I could. Nothing further on this from me. Better spoken of over a beer or two in private while in the LOS I'd think. No need to draw unwanted attention, to oneself and/or the board. Another reason to stand during the anthem in my mind. Why draw attention that may bring unpleasant consequences? :dunno: :: :shhh:

Cent

Archived