Introduction forum?

khunsanuk

Hi KS,

>>>>Hey, and what's wrong with my little girl? You wanna step outside? Seriously though, I personally like Nana and see no reason why we would need another mascotte.<<<<

>>>PS And saying it ain't working after a day is not really fair, is it?<<<

Ok....I'll grant you that, and point well taken. :bow: But I do think you will see a certain validity to my points, in time.

HT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS,

>>>HT, I think you misunderstood. The forum is *not* meant to be an introduction to this site / board, it is meant for people to introduce themselves.<<<

But why isn't it? Should we not introduce ourselves, and explain what we are about? And provide a place for stupid questions without overt intervention? What is the value of providing a place for someone to say, "Hi...I'm george from Australia, without also providing them a place to get comfortable in, and encouraged to ask questions, without fear of retailiation?

Do you understand what I mean. KS? What's the point of the invitation, if not backed up with special considerations? What is the point of people coming here, to get instantly blasted as ignorant, and uninformed????

I just think if you're going to start a new forum for newbie's, then make it mean something, and have some value beyond a simple introduction. To simply create a forum for introductions, will fail. It's got to have more meat to it, than just that. It has to draw them in, and want to be here, for a reason beyond simply giving them an opportunity to state who the are.

Hell...they can do that now, and some do! I see no compelling need to create a forum just for that. What is the point in that, if that is all you want to accomplish with it?

HT

Hi,

"But why isn't it? Should we not introduce ourselves, and explain what we are about?"

I'd say that is something the site should do, and not the board. The site does have such a page linked from the main page (here)

"What is the value of providing a place for someone to say, "Hi...I'm george from Australia, without also providing them a place to get comfortable in, and encouraged to ask questions, without fear of retailiation? "

I'm sorry, but I really do not understand. Why do you think this is not the case now? Where do I say that questions are not allowed? (In my intro post I even suggest they post questions in the forum)

Sanuk!

Hi KS,

>>>>I'm sorry, but I really do not understand. Why do you think this is not the case now? Where do I say that questions are not allowed? (In my intro post I even suggest they post questions in the forum)<<<<

I'm sorry too, in that i'm not getting my point across. Your're not doing anything wrong, KS, and I don't mean to state that. I'm not attacking you at all. I'm simply offering a little different format in embrassing new members. And am just throwing idea's up in the air. Nothing more than that. :beer:

You know how much I like to talk out loud with idea's. Some are good, but most suck! :D

HT

Archived