Introduction forum?

khunsanuk

Sire,

may I suggest something ( useful ) ? If I would be a newbie considering to expose myself the Introduction Forum I would just feel offended by the posts which are there by now. A bunch of hardcore insiders joking about entering a forum. So the suggestion would be to delete anything that is there by now , otherwise it looks counterproductive I would think.

BuBi , very very reasonable

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ND,

>>>>agee, delet the lot!<<<

I agree. Let's start this over on the right foot!

IMO, needs someone like Cent or CardinalBlue looking over it. Or even BB, Coss or any number of other experienced Mods. And requiring them to be silent, would not be unreasonable. You need to have that, to keep any one-sided views coming into play, given the topic. I'd be terrible at this, as would not be able to keep my big mouth shut. :D

But there are others, who have great experience, and can also show refrain from posting, and just plain moderate.

Why not have someone in place to do this, and then introduce? In reality KS, you have no time to do this on your own. Better yet, choose two, in different time zones to have good coverage. Remember BB and I in 'Relationships'? We had great coverage there. But when went to OH and me, a lot would slide by during the night, and we would both be scrambling the next day, to clean things up.

IMO, should find two dedicated Mod's who really want to do this, carefully write the rules, have a good understanding of what you want this to be, and then institute it. But lay the groundwork first. What is there now, was very predictable. :: I don't think will work well, in it's present format. If thought out carefully though, could really be a good thing, and very beneficial, and insightful. ;)

It should be a primary goal here, to bring lurkers out of the wood-work, to inject a constant flow of new-blood to the board. That's only going to happen in a sterile environment, for many of them. They do need a place to get their feet wet, But that's only going to happen in a highly moderated environment, where insulated from attacks. Jesus....even I'm gun-shy about posting certain stuff here. But that shouldn't be. Idealy, it should be a place for sharing, without taking a hundred hits for every post.

The "newbie-bar", should be such a place. But you have to create that, and maintain it. But also takes a lot of hard work. It has to be something that's commited to, and done right. You can't lure apprehensive lurkers there, and then let them down, with their worst fears (pot-shots from the peanut gallery, better known as the general public) being realized.

Just another HT weak-minded opinion. :spin:

HT

Hi,

"So the suggestion would be to delete anything that is there by now , otherwise it looks counterproductive I would think."

That was exactly what I had in mind ;)

Was just waiting for you guys to get tired of posting there :)

HT, I still don't understand what needs to be thought out. As I said before, it's just another forum just with stricter moderation.

Sanuk!

Hi KS,

>>>>HT, I still don't understand what needs to be thought out. As I said before, it's just another forum just with stricter moderation.<<<<

Well.....it ain't working, so deserves greater thought. And is a little more than *just another forum*, which will require more due diligence, than others, IMO. "Classifieds", "Language"....It's not the same. I'm just saying is a pivital portal entry point here, and should have Mods in place, and a much better handle on it.

Go over and take a quick look. It needs to be fixed. That's my only point. It needs some serious work, if going to be successful. Maybe I'm just placing more value on it, than I should. :dunno:

I'll back off, but just giving my opinion, and just trying to help, with some constructive criticism.

HT

What about some 'sticky' links as an introduction? (remaining at the top).

Stickman

Pattaya mail

Etc....

And let's have a challenge here, for the 10 best insightful posts ever spoken here. With links to all, at the beginning. :)

There is a lot we can do, to make this better than it is now. The goal should be to make it the definitive place to come for information concerning all things Thai, and give them a good reason for doing so.

The introduction to this site, should be awesome. And collectively, we should be able to do this. God knows, this is the place to get answers. There is no shortage of those here. :D

Common....let's put together a cool newbie entry point for this site. What are your thoughts, guys?

HT

And the first thing on the agenda that has to be changed, is the "Nana Girl" mascot. :grinyes:

My God.....maybe all that graphic arts could come up with 10 year ago, but common already......

Maybe a contest would be in order here? :)

New Nana Girl Mascot? In dire need of a change, to be sure! :yikes:;)

HT

Hi,

HT, I think you misunderstood. The forum is *not* meant to be an introduction to this site / board, it is meant for people to introduce themselves.

I agree that it would probably be helpful to have some general stuff in there, but once again that is not the purpose of the forum. The site can, and does, handle that.

Hey, and what's wrong with my little girl? You wanna step outside? :)

Seriously though, I personally like Nana and see no reason why we would need another mascotte.

Sanuk!

PS And saying it ain't working after a day is not really fair, is it?

Archived