Who owns this board ?

How much is a taxi ?

Are bbbj-s healthy ?

Is BuBi mentally disturbed ?

Hope to have been of some help.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea,i have noticed that first time posters here are subject to scutiny,ridicule and accusations of being a troll,by long term posters who have way too much time on their hands.

Some old hands should realise that a first post,sometimes,only means that the poster has just found the forum,and certainly not his first time in thailand.....God help any first poster who has any knowledge of Thailand... a thick skin is a prerequisite.

Hi,

In having some time to think about this, I think my first inclination was right. Would be very important to have a dedicated mod, of even disposition, who would allow "Zero" flaming.

In other words, a place where a newbie would feel comfortable asking *any* question, without fear of repercussions, or feeling stupid, in doing such. A painless threashold to cross from curious lurker, to valuable poster. ::

I really do think could be *very* successful, if handled correctly. We always had special rules in "relationships", due to the sensitivity/nature of many of the threads. It would be like that, but on steriods. :D

Sacred ground, so to speak. With no input from the cynical assholes here (me included), unless we really have something meaningful/constructive to offer.

It's certainly worth a shot. But again, the key is finding a mod who will be commited to this, and have the time to dedicate their service.

Given all that, I think is a great idea.

HT

And for those wanting to apply??? It's not as easy as it looks. And the pay sucks...... :D:p

KS.....If you need help in writing the forum rules for this, let me know. I'll be glad to help with that, if you find the need.

HT

Hi KS,

I didn't know it was already set up.

:onfire: See what I mean? Common..........set this up right!

Be serious, or don't. This can't be done half-ass. There needs to be a dedicated plan, and it's not in place, as you can plainly see.

:cussing:

Sorry......still thinking like an ex-mod here. :o

HT

Hi KS,

<<<<Anyway, I'll restrict access to Bronze Members to reply-only, that should cut down some of the joking >>>>

But won't that restrict responses to newbies to only well-heeled experienced members? Which would defeat it's whole purpose and intent?

Or do you mean that bronze members only will be restricted. :D

HT

Archived