Perhaps Avoid Phnom Penh and Pattaya ?

changnoi

saw an English guy with a 14 or 15 year old

Reminds me of the tourist who after one look into a gogo bar peering at a few 23 year olds goes back home swearing all the girls are 15 and the punters are all pedo's because it just looked that way in that brief moment. It is ok to be skeptical and these things do happen, but don't be fooled into painting with a wider brush than reality. Judging age is not an easy thing. I once saw one of those little girls in patpong walking around selling stuff I swore must be 12. I later learned she was over 20 and had a kid.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't so long ago in Australia that known pedophiles plied their trade almost with impunity.

I was at high school in the 70s in Sydney where there were two teachers who were pedophiles and they had what we called their bum boys. Nothing was done about it and most people knew about it.

Hi!

And when I'm in Los later this year, I'll have my 11 yr old daughter with me, I hope I'm not spotted crossing a busy road, hand in hand with my daughter. Some one might start reporting the sickening rise of Paedos in Silom and Sukhumvit.

Good point. I have met several Swedish blokes with Thai looking children here in Pattaya. They have told me that they can see in peoples facial expressions what they think. I wold say that if you see a man walking around with a 10 year old girl in broad daylight in a street in Pattaya it is almost certainly a sound relationship.

As a side note BKK is the only place in Thailand where I have been offered under age girls by pimps. Consider that you bangkokians who say people shouldn't go to Pattaya because of the child prostitution.

regards

ALHOLK

Jitagawn, where is the evidence of rampent incest and pedaphilia in Thai villages?

I too read about it in a book, Private Dancer I think, but that doesnt make it fact,

I'd like very much to see the comparesion comered to say Australia ro UK or USA?

That said, it is rampent everywhere, I'm glad finally after 10 years ISP can get in trouble if they allow child prron to go through their systems.

Publishers have to be responsible for their content, about time in Australia ISP's are too.

HOWEVER - I stick by my original post, and this thread seems more about Cambo bashing than pedophilia.

DOG

Neo said:

Reminds me of the tourist who after one look into a gogo bar peering at a few 23 year olds goes back home swearing all the girls are 15 and the punters are all pedo's because it just looked that way in that brief moment. It is ok to be skeptical and these things do happen, but don't be fooled into painting with a wider brush than reality. Judging age is not an easy thing. I once saw one of those little girls in patpong walking around selling stuff I swore must be 12. I later learned she was over 20 and had a kid.

Well it wasn't just how the kid looked. The conversation they were having definitely was not an adult one. It was about some toys the guy had bought the kid and his friends. Video games and some other things that made me believe, and I still do, that he was underage. Plus his mannerisms were that of an adolescent considered I was one (and still am in my wife's eyes). :D

I have been to LOS enough times to know what is what.

Well KS I'm sure your son doesn't rub your leg seductively like the 15 yr. old boy was doing to this guy either.

I didn't give all the details because it is one of those things I would like to forget seeing. Believe me I know what I saw. My wife would be a witness for me on this one.

Clarification:

I don't tell any one what they should do, merely point out an option.

I ask people once again not to confuse e.g. 'Pattaya' with 'Thailand'.

Nasty things happen everywhere, but Pattaya has more than its fair share of problems related to foreign sex tourism.

By far the majority of foreigners who go to Phnom Penh and Pattaya are not paedophiles.

Any one disagree with the above ?

As to how to react if confronted with an apparent instance of paedophilia, cyberspace is not the place to deal with it. As has been mentioned, the appropriate course of action if any is to approach the local or international police, as would be the case if witness to any illegal activity e.g. armed robbery or drug taking.

For myself to report illegal activity to the Thai police it would have to be very serious and I would have to be very, very sure. And I would also have to be confident that any involvement would not have a negative outcome, both for the victims and for myself.

Archived