Perhaps Avoid Phnom Penh and Pattaya ?

changnoi

"They've destroyed the innocence of the world by their evil actions and made any natural show of affection by a man toward a child suspect in the minds of many."

Also destroyed the future of those children. I've seen 2 street kids (brother and sister) from South America grow up in Sweden, both adopted by same couple. Both started to sell their bodies very early - girl was 5 and boy 8. The boy came here at an age of 14 and never integrated in normal life - partying all the time in gay-circles. The girl was 11 and behaved well for 3 years before she started with drugs and sex. Some months ago I saw her an early morning in Copenhagen as a street hooker, almost all those are on heavy narcotics (except a few tourist girls who just need money).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nervous_Dog said:

Torranova, we take our kid to Pattaya, and all her cousins, why, its the closest nice beac to Bangkok.

Why shouldn;t we go there?

Most people I'd say, aving been there a bit are NOT into bars, but into being a tourist.

DOG

-Yea, and parents take their kids to "R" rated films, then complain about the violence and sex in content.

There is no reason why parents shouldn't come to Pattaya, just exersise some common sense (a trait that is becoming extinct by the day).

Torrenova,

Well, we do stay in hotels away from the sex scene stuff (BKK and Pattaya), and do go for the beaches, shopping, Pattaya Water Park Amusement Park (the kids love it), restaurants (The Thai House restaurant with their great cultural dance shows and live regional music, which the kids love as well, and the great Thai foods there), movie theaters (not much to see up here in Surin for first run western movies), visit some relatives and friends in the area, Thai and farang, etc. I'm not walking down freaking Soi 8 with her for God's sake. There are legitimate areas and places to visit Pattaya for. A lot of families do, Thai as well as farang. Jomtien Beach is a legit Thai/farang resort area, as well as The Ratchada Tiger Zoo, Mini-Siam/Thailand Park, Nong Nook Animal Park and Shows, certain Wats and other Buddha related complexes just outside the Chon Buri area, Pattaya Under the Sea (Great place by the way for family and kids), the bowling alleys, and many other family oriented places as well.

This past trip to Jomtien/Pattaya neighbors of ours from Surin (Thai) came with us as well (a teaching nurse at the local Surin hospitals, with a degree in Law as well, her daughter (school friend of my daughter), the grandmother, a neice and young nephew as well. Higher end middle class family they are, and they seemed to have no problems there and enjoyed the weekend very much, and want to return soon with us for another beach holiday.

So for anyone to say Pattaya and the surrounding area should be avoided is a crock really. There is much for a family to do and enjoy in the area. Whaddya think; we're staying at a short time hotel in the middle of the beer bar/gogo bar sois and going out to the bars at night with the kids? :: :: As Sanuk4you says, common sense rules in this area. (And yeah, the clueless farang families who don't know the area seem to walk with their kids everywhere in Pattaya, even the places it is not appropriate to bring the kids around, but they are either oblivious, stupid, or lost in my opinion.)

And the "looks" I'd get while walking with my daughter, even in these family oriented areas, were from white farang cows with small and dirty minds that think the worst of any white man showing the least bit of affection for a child in public in Thailand, like holding hands. They are ignorant and nasty shits who always assume the worst. The "guilty until proven innocent" types. I hate 'em!

Cent

Cent said:And yeah, the clueless farang families who don't know the area seem to walk with their kids everywhere in Pattaya, even the places it is not appropriate to bring the kids around, but they are either oblivious, stupid, or lost in my opinion.
They are in Bangers too. I see families all the time strolling down Cowboy or heading into Nana. There have been several instances I have seen of 13-14 year old boys hanging out at go-go bars, smoking and drinking. Just where are their parents? Well, actually, a couple of times, the parents were there with them. I am certainly not one to preach morality, but that seems a bit over the top. Let the kids grow up first!

And last night was exceedingly weird on Cowboy. I went to Midnight and saw a party of farangs (maybe 5-6 couples, not Thai-Farang, all farang) seated outside the bar. Some with babies. Later on, one family had their toddler inside and was encouraging the kid to dance on stage. WTF was that all about?

Cent said:And the "looks" I'd get while walking with my daughter, even in these family oriented areas, were from white farang cows with small and dirty minds that think the worst of any white man showing the least bit of affection for a child in public in Thailand, like holding hands. They are ignorant and nasty shits who always assume the worst. The "guilty until proven innocent" types. I hate 'em!
Oooooo, do not get me started. A couple of years ago I had a run in with a farang cow while I was with my then 13 year old daughter. A tough age already and then she is faced with theis bitch confronting me, accusing me of molesting children. Daughter was highly upset and would not go out with me for weeks after that. I wish I did more than verbally bitch-slap that stupid farang cunt!

Cheers,

SD

Cent said:

And the "looks" I'd get while walking with my daughter, even in these family oriented areas, were from white farang cows with small and dirty minds that think the worst of any white man showing the least bit of affection for a child in public in Thailand, like holding hands. They are ignorant and nasty shits who always assume the worst. The "guilty until proven innocent" types. I hate 'em!

Cent

I can appreciate your sentiments. For several years, I "sponsored" a male child through a very good NGO which operates in several countries. After a couple of years, I asked for and was given the opportunity to meet the youngster. When I called the local contact to arrange for the meeting, it was decided that the boy, the social worker, and I would go to lunch and then perhaps shopping for a toy or some clothes. I also suggested that the social worker bring his 8 year old sister, if she was interested in joining. We had a fun 2 hours. We met at my hotel, took a taxi to Robinson's (Sukhumvit/Soi 19) and had lunch in the basement. After lunch they were thrilled to have an ice cream. After that, went upstairs where they picked out a few items. The girl wanted a pretty dress and shoes; the boy pants, shirt and shoes. After, we walked back to Soi 3 where we crossed Sukhumvit and said good-bye. As we crossed at the light, the social worker apparently told the kids to join hands. I felt an uneasiness in doing that, lest somebody think the worst. But I did. It was a safety measure and phuck anybody who might be thinking otherwise.

Hugh (mak)

• 1 month later...
Nervous_Dog said:

There was a teacher in Australia sent to jail for 7 years for having sex with two of his females students and getting into a love triangle.

Therefor I suggest we ban all trips to Australia and avoid all Australian teachers!

Makes as much sence as anything else you posted here Chang and Jack

DOG

If you read the first post a boycot is suggested so that the ones 'indirectly' earning money on tourist will get the police to make it a priority to get rid of the problem.

In Australia, I would imagine, the 'teachers' were dealth with, so no problem with the government looking the other way on the PF issue, so no need to boycot to change behavior.

Apple and oranges.

Nervous_Dog said:

Rubbish, boycot here because it exists in Cambodia, point is it exist's everywhere.

Boycot makes no sence whatsoever

Apples, Oranges and Rassberries

DOG

Lets say Pattaya lives on tourists, I think it's fair to say that. You got both family tourists and sex tourists. What if travelcompanies and travelers both agreed to not visit Pattaya before underage sextrade were stumped down, you think this would have no effect? What if had an effect on Pattaya only one, would it be a bad thing that the police took it serious there? Would it be likely that after a while could make CP just as bad an offence as it is viewed in the west?

I doubt that you can be able to rally a broad boycot, but it's not a senceless idea to vote by your wallet.

I have no idea what the situation is in Pattaya btw, so it's just the general idea expressed in the opening piece, which I could not find in your excample about Australia.

Archived