Perhaps Avoid Phnom Penh and Pattaya ?

changnoi

Boycott Pattaya? ::

What a load of nonsense. I was there end of 03 and for almost two months last year. I do a lot of trucking around by day and night and was offered illegal substances, no doubt by undercover narcs, but never anything else. Then again I didn't go asking or making enquiries of a kiddie-fiddling nature. Beach Road is pretty long. There are lots of bars on and around it. In my experience, of course one person can't be everywhere at once, most of the girls working the bars were well into their 20's and frequently in their 30's. As for the freelancers on Beach Road most have been well and truly round the clock. ::

Not saying it doesn't go on but to boycott a huge resort 'cos of... well that's your own choice but hardly a well considered one.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to Pattaya and currently I have no intention to go there, but I have been in PP two times by now.

I wouldn't support to boycott PP. I have no idea how strong or weak the scene concerning pedophilia in PP is, but for the normal (sex-)tourist it is not visible anymore.

The locals are in need for foreign (tourist) money. Hopefully the more tourists are going to Cambo the scene will change for better and the image of Cambodia will brighten up as well. It seems that Cambodia is changing fast currently and I would like to see that image of Cambodia would be adjusted to the current more positive status.

PS: The infrastructure of Cambodia especially for tourists is improving fast. Unfortunately this does not apply to other areas of the society. Corruption is much stronger than in neighboring countries (according WTO), the country is controlled by a oligarchy which tries to diminish even the slightest gains in democracy (current prosecution of the leader of the opposition party who fled the country), law enforcement is weak and corrupt as well, education is for many Khmer kids not available e.g.

changnoi said:By far the majority of foreigners who go to Phnom Penh and Pattaya are not paedophiles.

And I suppose that I should note, just to clarify my position in this and other threads, that the times I've been to Cambodia, I tend to lug around a large broadcast quality video camera. The docco I made last time was of a tourist nature. The one I'm making next time will be about fishing and boozing down the Mekhong.

But rest assured, if there's any footage worth showing to the authorities, they'll get it.

Cheers

Coss

Just trying to make the world safe for P4P. that's all folks.

All,

Personally if I know for certain someone is a pedo I would alert the proper authorities of the home country in the west, and here in Thailand if possible. But the west is where the laws are the strongest to deal with this shit, and once the pedo is identified he WILL be scrutinized severely every time he leaves and enters his home country.

This is not about being a rat. It's about protecting the children and identifying the sleazebags who use and abuse children for their own sick deviant pleasures.

As far as boycotting Pattaya or Cambodia? What the hell for? I was just there in Pattaya and had a great time with friends in Gogo bars on Walking Street that are "adult" oriented. (BTW Diamond Agogo on Walking Street now run by Ricky of former AngelWitch fame has a big ten thumbs up in my book! Check this place out. It's like BKK gogos used to be like. Great fun for all! Carousel on Walking Street was great as well.) Best to identify the places NOT to go for those who want to know where to AVOID, as someone here said. Forewarned is forearmed. Information is what we need, not censureship. And as another said the pedos already KNOW where to go for their sick pleasures. WE don't know, so we may accidently go to a place we would definitely NOT want to go to! By the OP's thinking on boycotting we would/should boycott then Thailand as well, as this shit does occur throughout this country, from the top on down, Thai and farang. Not a well thought out strategy I feel. Better to identify the pedos to the proper authorities and have them deal with them. (Not to be done here, but if you know for sure someone is a pedo and have "PROOF" maybe a discrete word in some members ears in a private conversation would help as well. We don't want to do so publicly here as how can you prove it, and how would you avoid a witch hunt atmosphere on the board?) This board does NOT and NEVER has condoned or promoted pedo activities, as we all here know for certain. As the board rules and readme states, pedos would be best euthanized, and I agree wholeheartedly with this thought.

Cent

Nervous_Dog said:

There was a teacher in Australia sent to jail for 7 years for having sex with two of his females students and getting into a love triangle.

Therefor I suggest we ban all trips to Australia and avoid all Australian teachers!

Makes as much sence as anything else you posted here Chang and Jack

DOG

Dog,

Well said. :applause: :applause: :bow: :bow:

Cent

coss said:
Redbaron said:

... and how would KS know if they were pedo's or not?

He wouldn't, he'd have to rely on some one's word.

And when I'm in Los later this year, I'll have my 11 yr old daughter with me, I hope I'm not spotted crossing a busy road, hand in hand with my daughter. Some one might start reporting the sickening rise of Paedos in Silom and Sukhumvit.

My earlier comment was tongue in cheek (the one about PM ing KS).

The biggest problem in my view, about paedophilia, is not the undeniable sickening existence of it, but the rabid pursuit of anything that looks like it. i.e. " I saw a man in a red shirt go into a child brothel, therefore all men in red shirts are paedos".

This is the kind of thinking that is prevalent in the western world.

Particularly in NZ, men who travel alone to Asia are only going for one thing.

Women on the other hand, are only going for the spas, massages, and facials, but if "romance" appears that's all right.

Romance for men doesn't exist apparently, unless you're a nice young Thai stud who's milking a large western Cow.

The eternal question of what to do about paedos is easily answered. If anyone sees or knows about these activities, and is sure of it, report it to the police. Easy.

If there's only a sneaking suspicion, it might be wise to put the puritanical morals back in the box.

Cheers

Coss

Coss,

Yep. I walk around Pattaya and Bangkok holding my now 12 year old daughter's hand at times, or with an arm around her shoulder, especially when in crowded areas or crossing the streets or walking near a busy street. I've seen the looks I get once in a while, usually by stupid farang cows who have dirty minds and think evil thoughts over any percieved preconcieved notions they harbor in their silly minds about white men in Thailand. It doesn't help that my wife is usually ten steps behind us dragging her ass around in the heat and walking like the effort might kill her to keep up! :) It does make me uncomfortable at times and I do think about how it may look. It pisses me off though that I have to not have any physical contact when in public with my own daughter due to these puritanical misguided and ill informed twats that truly do see evil everywhere in their clouded and fanatical minds. It is why I hate the pedos themselves. They've destroyed the innocence of the world by their evil actions and made any natural show of affection by a man toward a child suspect in the minds of many. Shows of affection toward a child is a natural and human thing. Pedophilia is an un-natural "sexual" attraction to children. The problem is now-a-days many people can no longer distinguish the difference, and we all, adult and child alike suffer for this.

Cent

I just question what sort of guy would take a child to Pattaya, particularly one who is at an age where questions will undoubtedly arise.

I see it all the time and I'm sorry but it just isn't on. If guys cannot have a break in Thailand and not go chasing nookie (and that is really all Pattaya has to offer over other places) then don't come at all.

I just question what sort of guy would take a child to Pattaya, particularly one who is at an age where questions will undoubtedly arise.

That's just sad! So Pattaya would be off limits for anyone with kids? Sorry but that is ridiculous reasoning in my mind. I am a free man and I don't let people chase me away from where I want to go based om some silly stereotyping. If I live in BKK and want to go to the beach, Pattaya/Jomtien is a logical choice. Have you ever been in Chaam or Hua Hin? It's boring as hell. I don't let the PC Brigade decide where I should or shouldn't go.

Cheers,

soongmak

Best to identify the places NOT to go for those who want to know where to AVOID, as someone here said. Forewarned is forearmed. Information is what we need, not censureship. And as another said the pedos already KNOW where to go for their sick pleasures. WE don't know, so we may accidently go to a place we would definitely NOT want to go to!

Sorry,

But I don't agree. I don't think that every pedo knows where to go and any information source that can steer him in the direction of the venues he/she would want to visit, is one too many. If you want to share info, do it on places that are free of child abuse and indentured prostitution and teach people who want to go to countries/cities where child abuse is a known problem to make sure they deal with consenting adults.

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived