Kebab in Bangkok?

trooper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Trooper,

>>> One thing I haven't yet found in Bangkok is a place that sells good turkish style doner kebab.

>>> Does anybody know if there is such a place?

>>> I have heard about some cart near Nana Plaza and other one near Grace but haven't seen them myself.

I have had Turkish Doner kebabs with pita bread on Pat Pong 2 (not the soi with the market).

If you come out of Foodland, turn right towards Pink Panther and Suriwongsee Road, it is on you left before you get to the Internet Cafe.

It is not a stall but set into the wall with a roll-up-shutter, stands between a couple of bars. The guy is not there every night for some unknown reason.

Cheers,

John Betong

I am surprised how popular the kebabs are in LOS.

There is one stand in Pattaya on soi 8 that always has a long line of customers whenever i go past.

They are on every corner in the Gulf and are the last thing i would eat when in LOS.

Sure there are some kebabs available in Suk Soi 3 where they smoke the hubbly bubbly.

Hubbly bubbly as it is popularly called here is actually a water pipe which is loaded with aromatic tobacco (and sometimes other substances.) There are flavours like apple peach strawberry etc.

Shisha is the same thing except i think the pipes are a little bigger.

I don't survive on middle eastern food. I eat it occasionally and cook the rest for myself.

Anyway you can get everything here. Maccas, KFC, Pizza, Tandoori ,Thai ,Chinese etc.

trooper said:

One thing I haven't yet found in Bangkok is a place that sells good turkish style doner kebab. Does anybody know if there is such a place? I have heard about some cart near Nana Plaza and other one near Grace but haven't seen them myself.

Odd, but the one thing I haven't found in Istanbul is a good place to get som tom or Laab Moo...anyone know one? :) Sorry, just couldn't resist...

Old Hippie said:
trooper said:

One thing I haven't yet found in Bangkok is a place that sells good turkish style doner kebab. Does anybody know if there is such a place? I have heard about some cart near Nana Plaza and other one near Grace but haven't seen them myself.

Odd, but the one thing I haven't found in Istanbul is a good place to get som tom or Laab Moo...anyone know one? :) Sorry, just couldn't resist...

I do know of such a place.

In Taksim.

A Thai couple from BKK, he used to work for the embassy in Ankara, but left to make more money.

Right next to a hotel, but the name escapes me......

BB

Archived