What does this phrase mean?

billywan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIGH THAIED said:

So 'tuk tuk wan' might mean "every day much"?

Reduplication emphasises the word which is repeated; so as bibblies says, "every single day".

HIGH THAIED said:

I hear what you are saying....... "Kao suay suay" = She is very beautiful" , while "Kao suay jang maak" = the same also, but stronger?

suay jang or suay maak, but not both. You can stick a ley on the end of either, if you want.

asdf said:
HIGH THAIED said:

So 'tuk tuk wan' might mean "every day much"?

Reduplication emphasises the word which is repeated; so as bibblies says, "every single day".

HIGH THAIED said:

I hear what you are saying....... "Kao suay suay" = She is very beautiful" , while "Kao suay jang maak" = the same also, but stronger?

suay jang or suay maak, but not both. You can stick a ley on the end of either, if you want.

I thought if you used Maak Maak, then you didn't use Lai Lai ? (I am assuming that this is what you ment by Ley ley?)

I'm thinking "luey" here. Means 'already'.

I'm confused with this term. I've heard 'maak luey' many times, but no one seems to know what it means. I would think means 'a lot already', but even gf says she has never heard????

Or am I getting this all wrong, and lai lai/ley ley is something different? I'm really confused with this. :dunno:

Great for someone to shed some light!

HT

HT who did confuse you so? :neener:

thook wan is actualy wrong; it should read wan thook and it means cheap day! wan could also be a female nickname, you can figure the rest...

and thook thook is very cheap, nearly for free...

and Miss in thai is nangsao!

Hi OH,

>>>I thought if you used Maak Maak, then you didn't use Lai Lai ?<<<

I asked in chat. Maak means a lot, and lai lai means

many. And you can't use maak when referring to a specific amount....only lai lai in that case.

And never used together. They have different meanings

HT

Thanks for the responses guys. Just moved to Biloxi. On the Air Base, the barber I just started using is a Thai lady about 35, I asked her yesterday what the Phrase "Miss Kuhn Billy tuk tuk wan" meant and she said it means "I think of you every single day" Bibblies was right, thanks for your response. I sent you a PM thanking you but my PM says no message was sent. Have a nice day!! :)

Archived