What does this phrase mean?

billywan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Luuuey" is an EMPHASIS word which is used in so many uncountable ways -Every day/ all of the time

Mai dai bai louey- I did not go-with emphasis-.Hard to phoneticize because its not louey like the name but luuuey-One has to slur the consanants and vowels-

HT -You are thinking of layow-Which means already

Mai dai bia layow.I did not go already-Two different words :)

They also say law or leu-Hard to write which is a response word for another persons comment.

meugee bai gin khao-I just ate-Listener reponds law?or Leu?

Which means really?

I will be back in BKK in 3 weeks for any board members that need Thai instruction- ::Its hard wired into my brain and they constantly say I have very little accent although there is always a word one misses from time to time-I love to speak Thai- :) :)

Hi jittagan...copy that.

mai dee luey=not good (with emphasis)

mai dee laew (lao, layow)= not good already. A huge problem comes from transliteration.

Gf says 'law' for 'lor', but we both agree on "Reu?", instead of 'Leu', (as she is not Isaan girl), as a question tag. At least we both speak cental Thai, and pronounce the 'r's. But we still have many problems with transiteration, as I guess everyone else does. She says,"bai non", and I will say, "bai nawn".

She says tomatoe, I say tomato. :) And is somewhat what it boils down to. Not reserved for just their culture alone. But then again, in English, you can say "Hello" any way you want to.....even sing it for that matter, and can only mean the same thing. Tonal nuances are mind-fuck for those wanting to learn.

But it's never easy entering the world of a Thai girl, is it? :D

I think I should just start printing that up on Tee-shirts for sale, and make my millions, already. :grinyes:

HT

Archived