Entering Thailand on a one way ticket?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im in australia and got told i have to have a return ticket. this seems dumb though, as you say i could be planning on travelling to another country etc etc

maybe they are worried they will increase the amount of farangs with signs around their necks who have spent all theiur money fucking and cant get back home!!!!!

suadum said:

Ya, no probs if you have a visa. But if you go for visa-less entry, then the airlines practice CYA as they are responsible for your carriage if you are not let into the country.

Cheers,

SD

Right. I've been screwed up a few times on check in for no-visa, one-way ticket etc. It's the airlines. Waste of breath telling them Thai immigration don't mind. Yet.

happened to me before...

I travel to Australia as opposed to travelling to Thailand (buy my tix in BKK) but one time I did'nt have an onward ticket to depart BKK for anywhere so the carrier SQ would not allow me to board the plane, my wife was 7 months pregenant and we had about 40 kg of luggage, I did have a ticket booked however i needed to purchase it once I was in BKK-hard to do if you cant get there. The airline told me that they could possibly be liable for a $10.000 fine from someone in unsure what currency. I showed them a copy of the e-mail from my travel agent showing my booked ticket told them a story, showed off my wife, pulled $4.000 out of my pocket and let them imprint my CC to check i could afford to be legit, then they let us on...

Archived