songran soon !!! emmmm

keith doug

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, a party is a party, but the bit with the ink and the powder etc gets a bit much after awhile, but I do agree they nore less leave you alone if you have a camera or such out, anything that might get ruined. as stated the biggest problems are with the drunken farangs, but that is true here as well...er ah well you get the point... :)

Well, I like a party as much as anybody. A couple or three days, but in Pattaya you're in a war zone for a week. Real fun to be completely soaked and than entering into a/c. I agree enebriated falangs are a major problem, but there are also a-hole Thai guys riding the beds of pick up trucks with apparatus that makes super soakers seem like squirt guns. The barrels of seed water in those trucks are giant petrie dishes. Make sure you hava an adequate supply of doxy or cipro. :-(

Just do not try an get laundry done in Pattaya during the height of Songran. The demand for water is so great it is like flushing the water mains. The water that comes out is nasty. Had several nice things ruined in the laundry, although cheap to replace.

Hi!

http://www.webcreations.at/water.jpg

This Pic has been taken during Songkran in Bangkok 2003. I can only remember i had to throw away all my clothes i put on during the 3 days i been there, broke both my credit cards and lost my ATM Card in all the water mayhem. Lucky enough i still had some traveller cheques. I will never forget the fun i had there but also i will never return in that time as this was a little too much.... :-)

Archived