Hillary open another bar on Soi 4

Hidy Ho

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Europeans really going to be convinced to travel thousands of miles by pool tables? I hardly think pool's that big an attraction! I know it's hardly Britain's greatest sport, at least.

Surely it's a symptom, rather than a cause, of more chav tourism. The main causes are: increasing affluence; the relatively low-cost of long-haul flights and the rise of Thailand as a mainstream destination on popular television holiday programmes (the chav likes the familiar and distrusts the exotic. Through media, Thailand has moved into the former camp having previously been in the latter.)

I'm the greatest hater of beer bars (because they provide a source of employment in which girls are allowed to keep their clothes on) but I think your fears about Bangkok becoming a major chav hangout are overdone. You forget that this species requires beach and sun as well as beer. A chav must return with a beach suntan to show his friends (otherwise a holiday isn't a holday, innit?) So, Pattaya and Phuket will remain the choice of the illiterate masses, I feel.

'Pattaya and Phuket will remain the choice of the illiterate masses, I feel'

guess that makes me one of the illiterate masses........:chili: :chili: :chili:

at last a title i can be proud of....... :elephant:

no suntan for me i'm afraid though,everytime i return i get the comments about me having a Bar tan,whiter then when i went....... :grinyes:

Nervous_Dog said:

Anyone else miss the days of the boxing at Hilary Bar, was a good mate with the referee and the fat boxer/trainer

DOG

Yes, I do miss it. Loved the way the drunken Japanese and Koreans would yell! it was a great part of the show!

Archived